I love a card that makes a beautiful display! I think it’s important for a card to stand up and be shown off on a mantel or a desk. This Standing Easel card does not disappoint. It looks impressive while it’s pretty quick and easy to create. This first one is made with the Sweetest Christmas DSP. The candy canes are fussy cut from a piece of the paper. The sentiments are from the Christmas to Remember stamp set.
I loved it so much that I made it with a few different stamp sets. I changed up how I decorated the front of the card for this one. The card base and easel part are made exactly the same, however. This card uses the Let’s Sail bundle and the Charming Sentiments stamp set.
Here’s another one made with Mistletoe Magic bundle and less traditional colors. The second photo shows the inside which is also slightly different than the Sweetest Christmas card above.
The sentiment on the front as well as the inside are from the stamp set Christmas to Remember.
I hope you will make a Standing Easel card. I know it will make you smile if you do.
- Cut your Real Red card base 4 1/4″ x 11″. Score at 5 1/2″ and 1″.
- Fold as usual on the 5 1/2″ score line. Fold the 1″ in towards the middle of the card.
- YOU MUST DECORATE YOUR CARD IN PORTRAIT MODE FOR THIS TO WORK.
- We will make the front of the card first but do not attach to the card base until the end.
- Cut a Garden Green mat 4″ x 5 1/4″.
- Layer a Real Red 3 3/4″” x 5″ mat centered on the Garden Green.
- Cut and layer a 3 5/8″ x 4 7/8″ Basic White mat on to the Real Red.
- Cut a Garden Green “Spotted” piece of patterned paper 3″ x 4 1/4″ and adhere to the mats.
- Fussy Cut two candy canes and adhere to the front with dimensionals. Put aside.
- Adhere the 1/2″ x 4″ piece of patterned paper to a Real Red piece measuring 3/4″ x 4 1/4″. This is your stop.
- Use dimensionals to adhere this to the bottom of the INSIDE of the card, about 1/4 inch from the edge.
- On a 4″ x 4 1/4″ piece of Basic White, stamp your inside sentiment. Then adhere to the inside of the card above the stop. (There should be about a border on all 4 sides.)
- Now close your card base with the bottom (1″) flap closed. It should look like a traditional card base with an extra score line. Put two pieces of Tear & Tape across the bottom of the 1″ scored piece.
- Center the card front of the card base, adhering ONLY with the Tear & Tape that’s on the bottom one inch.
- Now lift the card front up so the card bends on the 1″ score line and tuck that behind the “stop” on the bottom.
- Stamp your sentiment on a scrap of Basic White and then die cut with a Stitched Rectangle die.
Want to see all the products used to create these projects? Scroll to the bottom. Click on any thumbnail at the end of this post for more information or to purchase.
It’s time for another amazing Stamp Camp from the Creativity Abounds Design Team. We are a group of 13 demonstrators from around the world who love to create, inspire and demonstrate card making for you! We do a blog hop and tutorial bundle each month and hold a stamp camp each quarter.
The Boughs of Holly Stamp Camp will be our next event on October 28-29, 2022. All you need to do to join our Boughs of Holly Stamp Camp is purchase your Boughs of Holly Suite from a member of our design team. (IF you already own the suite, substitute $79.50 of products from the online store and email me to let me know you’d like to participate. ) THE STAMP CAMP IS FREE!
You will want to be part of this amazing Stamp Camp so you can receive a Card Kit to make 13 beautiful cards or 3D items. These kits will have everything that is not included in the Suite cut and prepped for you. You will use your DSP, ribbon, embellishments and dies. We will provide the card stock needed. Written and video instructions will be provided for each of the 13 projects.
In addition to the card kit, each member of the design team will present a different project LIVE in an exclusive FaceBook group. These lives will be throughout the day and night because of the different time zones, but all will be recorded and available to watch on replay for eternity! We will also host challenges and Crafternoon Tea as part of our weekend as well.
The Boughs of Holly Suite includes a package of designer series paper, a stamp set and coordinating dies, ribbon and textured elements. You can see them all below.
Now is the perfect time to order the Boughs of Holly Suite. You will earn a Level 1 ($50) free Sale-a-bration item if you order before August 31. Round your order up to $100 for even more free items!
Please use this link to order as the host code is embedded and I’ll be sure to know your intention to participate in Stamp Camp. I can’t wait to have you join us for this fun event!
Email Lorraine at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Can I help you?
I would love to be your Stampin’ Up! demonstrator and help you on your creative journey. Shop with me here: shop ChatnCraft with Lorraine.
Want more tips, tricks and inspiration? Sign up for my weekly email here.
I’d love help you make beautiful cards and paper crafts at home. Sign up here if you need the latest catalog.
Anyone who shops with me receives a free tutorial bundle packed with project ideas and details. Here’s a sneak peek at the Tutorial Bundle that I am currently giving away.
Please email me if you have any questions or I can assist you in any way.
ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Shop my online store: lorrainetierney.stampinup.net
Send me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow me on FaceBook: ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Join our FaceBook Group: ChatnCraft Creations
Read my blog: ChatnCraftwithLorraine.com
Follow me on Pinterest: ChatnCraftwithLorraine
Subscribe to my Channel on YouTube: Chat’n’Craft with Lorraine Tierney
Leave a Reply