Today I am hopping with the Stamping with Friends Blog hop. We are a bunch of card makers from around the world that are hoping to inspire you to make and send more cards! Our theme for this post is Stand Alone dies. There are actually quite a few dies that are not associated with a specific stamp set. I absolutely love the Stitched Greenery die so I thought I’d highlight that one today! You can see a photo of the die below the instructions. There’s the bonus of another set of stand alone dies- the Stylish Shapes dies in this card, too! It seems I use one of those shapes on almost every card.
I did not use a lot of dies on this card as the tone on tone stamping with Versamark and the Stitched Greenery add lots of texture and interest. I did not want to cover any of that up!
This card features a color combination I have not used before.
I have always loved Crumb Cake but I sometimes find Pool Party and Petal Pink to be challenging colors. IS Pool Party blue or green? Is Petal Pink really pink or is it coral? Those questions remain unanswered but I do like this combination. What do you think of it?
Instructions for Let’s Celebrate with Stitched Greenery
- Cut a Petal Pink Card base 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ and score at 4 1/4″.
- Use Versamark ink to stamp the leaf pattern along the left edge from about the middle to the bottom and the right edge from the middle to the top.
- Next cut a square of Pool Party 3 3/4″ x 3 3/4″.
- Run this square through your Cut & Emboss machine with the Stitched Greenery Die. Admire the beautiful stitching after you remove the die!
- Cut the square in half (1 7/8″) horizontally and then in half (1 7/8″) vertically. Be sure to keep the 4 squares in the correct orientation so the stitched pattern lines up when you adhere them to the Crumb Cake background.
- Adhere the 4 squares to the 4″ x 4″ square of Crumb Cake card stock, leaving a small border around all 4 sides of each square.
- Adhere this to the Petal Pink card base slightly to the left of center.
- Cut a small circle of Petal Pink with the 3rd smallest circle from the Stylish Shapes (another stand alone die set) and adhere this to the front of the card.
- Put a bit of Seal or a glue dot on the left side of the circle and press Linen Thread onto it to form a “bow.”
- Stamp “Let’s Celebrate!” in Soft Suede on a scrap of Pool Party card stock. The greeting is from the Simply Fabulous stamp set.
- Cut with the 2nd largest banner from the Stylish Shapes dies. Adhere with dimensionals over the circle and slightly off the edge of the Crumb Cake card stock.
- Add 3 Opal Rounds.
- Run a 1″ x 4″ scrap of Crumb Cake through the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss machine with the Stitched Greenery die and adhere to a 5 1/4″ x 4″ piece of Basic White.
- Adhere to the inside of the card.
- DON’T forget To send YOUR card!
Want to see all the products used to create this project? Scroll to the bottom. Click on any thumbnail at the end of this post for more information or to purchase.
You are looking at ChatnCraft with Lorraine Tierney right now. Please hop on to the next blog to be inspired with another awesome project.
It’s time for another amazing Stamp Camp from the Creativity Abounds Design Team. We are a group of 13 demonstrators from around the world who love to create, inspire and demonstrate card making for you! We do a blog hop and tutorial bundle each month and hold a stamp camp each quarter.
The Boughs of Holly Stamp Camp will be our next event on October 28-29, 2022. All you need to do to join our Boughs of Holly Stamp Camp is purchase your Boughs of Holly Suite from a member of our design team. (IF you already own the suite, substitute $79.50 of products from the online store and email me to let me know you’d like to participate. ) THE STAMP CAMP IS FREE!
You will want to be part of this amazing Stamp Camp so you can receive a Card Kit to make 13 beautiful cards or 3D items. These kits will have everything that is not included in the Suite cut and prepped for you. You will use your DSP, ribbon, embellishments and dies. We will provide the card stock needed. Written and video instructions will be provided for each of the 13 projects.
In addition to the card kit, each member of the design team will present a different project LIVE in an exclusive FaceBook group. These lives will be throughout the day and night because of the different time zones, but all will be recorded and available to watch on replay for eternity! We will also host challenges and Crafternoon Tea as part of our weekend as well.
The Boughs of Holly Suite includes a package of designer series paper, a stamp set and coordinating dies, ribbon and textured elements. You can see them all below.
Now is the perfect time to order the Boughs of Holly Suite. You will earn a Level 1 ($50) free Sale-a-bration item if you order before August 31. Round your order up to $100 for even more free items!
Please use this link to order as the host code is embedded and I’ll be sure to know your intention to participate in Stamp Camp. I can’t wait to have you join us for this fun event!
Email Lorraine at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Can I help you?
I would love to be your Stampin’ Up! demonstrator and help you on your creative journey. Shop with me here: shop ChatnCraft with Lorraine.
Want more tips, tricks and inspiration? Sign up for my weekly email here.
I’d love help you make beautiful cards and paper crafts at home. Sign up here if you need the latest catalog.
Anyone who shops with me receives a free tutorial bundle packed with project ideas and details. Here’s a sneak peek at the Tutorial Bundle that I am currently giving away.
Please email me if you have any questions or I can assist you in any way.
ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Shop my online store: lorrainetierney.stampinup.net
Send me an email: email@example.com
Follow me on FaceBook: ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Join our FaceBook Group: ChatnCraft Creations
Read my blog: ChatnCraftwithLorraine.com
Follow me on Pinterest: ChatnCraftwithLorraine
Subscribe to my Channel on YouTube: Chat’n’Craft with Lorraine Tierney