The Crafty Collaborations Team is comprised of Stampin’ Up! Demonstrators from around the world. Each month we participate in several collaborative projects, including Blog Hops, like this one, to inspire all of us in our passion for crafting. Our goal is to create, share, and inspire every crafter to keep our creative energy flowing.
Our Share It Sunday theme is always open to whatever we are currently working on. I have chosen to share my Design a Daydream Covered Notepad. It is a covered Jr. Legal pad that is easy and fun to make. It has always been a well received gift when I’ve sent it to customers, new team members, or neighbors. Everyone needs a small notepad and a pretty one is even better.
The Design a Daydream host package of patterned papers gives you so many options for beautiful paper. I chose to use this floral paper with Blackberry Bliss and Mossy Meadow. The Alphabest Bundle makes it so easy to decorate the front. You could also personalize it to fit whomever will receive it.
The notepad opens to show the Jr Legal pad with a bit of decoration at the top and a pocket on the side to store receipts, other notes, photos, etc.
I first saw this notepad combined with a greeting card as a one sheet wonder designed by Jessica Taylor. You can see her original post here.
- Cut your Blackberry Bliss card stock 8″ x 11″ and score at 5 1/16″, 5 5/16, and 10 3/8″. Fold and burnish the score lines. Orient your card stock so the small flap is on the left and folded towards the middle.
- To make the pocket, cut another piece of Blackberry Bliss card stock 3 1/2″ x 8″. Use the Label Me Lovely punch or a circle die to make a notch in the right hand side of the pocket BEFORE you adhere it.
- Adhere this to the small flap on the left hand side by applying Tear & Tape to the flap and laying the pocket on top. Then open the flap and apply more Tear & Tape to the top and bottom edge. Close to seal.
- BE SURE NOT TO SEAL THE RIGHT HAND EDGE OF THE POCKET.
- Adhere your notepad to the inside cover with Tear & Tape along the top, middle and bottom. Center carefully.
- Measure the label at the top of your pad. Most are about 3/4″ x 5″. Cut a piece of the same patterned paper to fit this area. Adhere in place.
- Cut your Design a Daydream patterned paper 4″ x 7″ and mat on Mossy Meadow cut 4 1/4″ x 7 1/4″. Then center and adhere to the front cover.
- Use the individual letters from the Alphabest stamp set to stamp N,O,T,E,S on a 1 1/2″ strip of Mossy Meadow card stock with Tuxedo Black Memento ink. Space them as shown below and then punch with the Best Label Punch, starting on the right side and working to the left. (See below.)
- Adhere the punched letters to a 1/2″ strip of Blackberry Bliss card stock and trim to the correct length.
I hope you will make several of these – for yourself and for others!
Want to see all the products used to create this project? Scroll to the bottom. Click on any thumbnail at the end of this post for more information or to purchase.
Be sure to click on the next demonstrator so you can be inspired by their creations.
Can I help you?
I would love to be your Stampin’ Up! demonstrator and help you on your creative journey. Shop with me here: shop ChatnCraft with Lorraine.
Want more tips, tricks and inspiration? Sign up for my weekly email here.
I’d love help you make beautiful cards and paper crafts at home. Sign up here if you need the latest catalog.
Anyone who shops with me receives a free tutorial bundle packed with project ideas and details. Here’s a sneak peek at the Tutorial Bundle that I am currently giving away.
Please email me if you have any questions or I can assist you in any way.
ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Shop my online store: lorrainetierney.stampinup.net
Send me an email: email@example.com
Follow me on FaceBook: ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Join our FaceBook Group: ChatnCraft Creations
Read my blog: ChatnCraftwithLorraine.com
Follow me on Pinterest: ChatnCraftwithLorraine
Subscribe to my Channel on YouTube: Chat’n’Craft with Lorraine Tierney