This Framed & Festive Double Fold card is another fast and easy card that we made as part of our weekly Tuesday evening Zoom class*. It was fun and everyone created gorgeous cards. The bold sentiment in that fun font is called Framed & Festive. (It is only available until January 4, while supplies last.) I paired that great sentiment with a piece of paper from the Painted Christmas paper pack. I must admit the bow was lying on my craft table so I threw it on. That’s from the Cottage Wreath bundle and is my favorite bow of all time!
*This Zoom class is free and open to everyone. Just check out my ChatnCraftwith Lorraine FaceBook page on Monday afternoon to see what we will be making and what you need to prepare. Then Tuesday afternoon you’ll find the Zoom link posted. It is always at 6:30 pm ET. I hope you’ll join us!
The card opens in two steps. Here it is with the first flap opened.
This gives you another spot to showcase a bit of paper. I used a traditional piece from the beautiful Sweetest Christmas patterned paper (sadly it is already sold out ) and another sentiment.
Then you get to open it again.
This reveals the inside of the card where you can put another sentiment if you desire or leave more room for your written message. I added a piece of patterned paper to the right only, but you could do both sides. I think I’ll add paper to the left on my next one.
- Cut your Garden Green card base 4 1/4″ x 11. Score it at 3 7/8″ and then turn it 180 degrees and score it 3 1/4″ from the other end. NOW BE SURE TO TURN YOUR PAPER BACK AROUND SO THE LARGER SECTION IS ON THE LEFT AND THE SMALLER SECTION ON THE RIGHT.
- Fold and burnish on the score lines.
- Fold up the card base and adhere a 3 5/8″ x 4″ piece of patterned paper to the front. (If you want to decorate the inside left, cut a second piece this size and adhere to that section.)
- Use the “fluted” oval from the Framed Florets Dies to cut an oval from Basic White and Real Red.
- Stamp your sentiment using Real Red ink. Then cut the Real Red oval in half horizontally. Adhere t it in two pieces to the back of the oval. Add a small strip of contrasting paper under the oval if desired.
- Cut two pieces of patterned paper (same or different patterns, your choice) measuring 3″ x 4″. Adhere one to the front of the inside fold and one to the inside of that piece.
- Add a sentiment or die cut to one or both sides.
- On a 3 1/2″ x 4 3/4″ piece of Basic White stamp a small design about an inch up from the bottom on the left side. Add a sentiment if desired.
- Adhere the Basic White piece to a piece of Garden Green card stock cut 5″ x 3 3/4″. Center this over the inside panel. It should hang over top and bottom about 5/8″. TIP: Put your glue on the center of the folded card base.
Want to see all the products used to create this project? Scroll to the bottom. Click on any thumbnail at the end of this post for more information or to purchase.
Can I help you?
I would love to be your Stampin’ Up! demonstrator and help you on your creative journey. Shop with me here: shop ChatnCraft with Lorraine.
Want more tips, tricks and inspiration? Sign up for my weekly email here.
I’d love help you make beautiful cards and paper crafts at home. Sign up here if you need the latest catalog.
Anyone who shops with me receives a free tutorial bundle packed with project ideas and details. Here’s a sneak peek at the Tutorial Bundle that I am currently giving away.
Please email me if you have any questions or I can assist you in any way.
ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Shop my online store: lorrainetierney.stampinup.net
Send me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow me on FaceBook: ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Join our FaceBook Group: ChatnCraft Creations
Read my blog: ChatnCraftwithLorraine.com
Follow me on Pinterest: ChatnCraftwithLorraine
Subscribe to my Channel on YouTube: Chat’n’Craft with Lorraine Tierney