This Peaceful Cabin Season’s Greetings card was created for a Tuesday Technique Blog Hop with Crafty Collaborations to highlight masking techniques. One of my favorite ways to mask is to color a circle as part of the background of a card.
The Crafty Collaborations Team is comprised of Stampin’ Up! Demonstrators from around the world. Each month we participate in several collaborative projects, including Blog Hops, like this one to inspire all of us in our passion for crafting. Our goal is to create, share, and inspire every crafter to keep our creative energy flowing.
Instructions for peaceful Cabins card
- Die cut a circle from a piece of Basic White Card stock at least 5″ x 3 3/4″.
- Use removable tape to position the mat with the circle opening over a 5 1/4″ x 4″ piece of Basic White to hold it in place.
- Using blending brushes, brush Smoky Slate ink in the lower right portion of the circle.
- Next add Night of Navy with a blending brush to the rest of the circle.
- Stamp the three trees from the Peaceful Cabin Stamp set in Basic Gray.
- Run the card front through the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss machine in the Tasteful Textile Embossing folder.
- Stamp “season’s greetings” from the Christmas To Remember stamp set in Highland Heather on a 1/2″ wide scrap of Basic White card stock.
- Cut to 4″ in length and wrap Gray Granite Baker’s Twine around the left end and tie a bow.
- Adhere to the card front with dimensionals.
- Cut a Highland Heather card base 4 1/4″ x 11″ and score at 5 1/2″. Adhere the textured card front to the card base.
- Add three Fresh Freesia In Color gems to the front of the card.
Want to see all the products used in this post? Scroll to the bottom. Click on any thumbnail at the end of this post for more information or to purchase.
You are visiting ChatnCraft with Lorraine right now. Please hop along to the other talented demonstrators to see the Masking Techniques that they are sharing. You are sure to be inspired.
Can I help you?
I would love to be your Stampin’ Up! demonstrator and help you on your creative journey. Shop with me here: shop ChatnCraft with Lorraine.
Want more tips, tricks and inspiration? Sign up for my weekly email here.
I’d love help you make beautiful cards and paper crafts at home. Sign up here if you need the latest catalog.
Anyone who shops with me receives a free tutorial bundle packed with project ideas and details. Here’s a sneak peek at the Artfully Composed Tutorial Bundle that I am currently giving away.
Please email me if you have any questions or I can assist you in any way.
ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Shop my online store: lorrainetierney.stampinup.net
Send me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow me on FaceBook: ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Join our FaceBook Group: ChatnCraft Creations
Read my blog: ChatnCraftwithLorraine.com
Follow me on Pinterest: ChatnCraftwithLorraine
Subscribe to my Channel on YouTube: Chat’n’Craft with Lorraine Tierney