Here’s what you need:
1 piece of 12″ x 12″ card stock
Patterned Paper #1 3 1/4″ x 2 3/4″ -4 for above the “pocket” (I flipped the stripe over on 2)
Patterned Paper #2 3 1/4″ x 2 3/4″ -4 for below the pocket (sprinkle pattern)
Patterned Paper#3 2 1/4″ x 2 3/4″ – 4 for the flap (I used 2 ice cream and 2 popsicles)
4 colors of card stock 2 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ to make Tags for the pockets.
For the front:
White 2 3/4″ x 5 3/4″
Card stock 5 1/2″ x 2 1/2″
Patterned paper: 2 1/4″ x 3 1/4″
White scraps for cone, ice cream and sentiment
Ice Cream Corner Sprinkles
1. Score your 12″ x 12″ piece of card stock at 3″, 6″, and 9″.
2. Turn 90 degrees and score at 6″ and 9 1/2″
3. Fold and burnish on the 6″ and 9 1/2″ score lines. Open and lay flat.
4. Now lay the paper so the 3″, 6″, and 9″ score lines are vertical.
5. Fold and burnish on the 6″ line and 9 1/2″ score line. Then refer to the sketches below to fold the accordion book correctly. .
6. Round the edges of Patterned Paper #1 and adhere to the top sections in picture above left. The section will be only partially covered until you fold the bottom up.
7. Now fold up the bottom half of the album and adhere Patterned Paper #2 to the bottom sections, holding the flap up and out of the way as in the middle photo.
8. Fold the partial flap over the paper you just put in place and adhere Patterned Paper #3 to the flaps in the right hand photo.
9. Use narrow Tear & Tape on the outermost left and right side small flaps and then adhere them in place so it looks like the right hand most photo. .
10. Next, fold up the bottom adhering just the outermost left and right side (using Tear & Tape) so that you have formed pockets.
11. Fold your accordion album shut and put a piece of Tear & Tape horizontally on the front. Fold 22″ of ribbon evenly around the closed book and lay the top piece over the tear and tape. Tie it in a bow to keep the album shut as you decorate the front.
12. Layer your pieces of card stock and patterned paper over the ribbon using Tear & Tape.
13. Round the corners on each of your tags and punch the ribbon hole using the Detailed Trio Punch.
I think this little album would make the perfect keepsake for a baby shower, a visit to Nana and Pop Pop’s house, or to remember any special even or person. What event would you make it for?
I hope you will “hop” on over to check out the blog posts listed below. I know you’ll be impressed by their projects.
Do you have a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator? If not, I’d love to help you create projects like this at home. Click on any thumbnail pictures to find out more information about these products. Need a catalog? Send me an email with your name and address and I’ll gladly send you the latest catalogs.
Here are the products I used to create this Accordion Fold Tag Album:
Diane Evans says
Lorraine, I love this. Thanks for sharing
Alison Primmer-Bradley says
Great project ❤️
Leighsa Allport says
Love this x
Sara Sayers says
What a fab idea TFS x
Narelle Fasulo says
Awesome idea. At first glance it looks just like a tag. What a wonderful surprise when you undo the ribbon.
Melva Peters says
I love mini albums! This is adorable!
Great project! says
Great project! Love it! Might give it a go!
Angie McKenzie says
Love this fold as an album. Thanks for the inspiration.
Vickie Kello says
Such a great project.
Gez Carpenter says
Lovely project 🙂