Welcome to our Stamping with Friends blog hop. We are a group of crafters that hop twice a month to bring you ideas and inspiration to use in your own crafting. This week we are featuring Balcony Cards. These are quite fun to make and a work of art when displayed.
I chose my favorite characters from the Zany Zoo. Here is my card when closed. Because it is a bit thick, I used a belly band to keep it closed. Some of the Zany Zoo friends were cut with dies and others were fussy cut from the Zoo Crew patterned paper. Although they are partially colored in the patterned paper, I added more coloring.
Here is the inside of the card. I chose all characters who could help sing “Happy Birthday to You!” in our little band.
Go ahead and make a balcony card. You won’t be sorry and whomever receives it, will love it. They will display it happily.
instructions for Zany Zoo balcony card
- Cut a Lemon Lolly card base 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ and score at 4 1/4.
- Use the Exposed Brick 3D embossing folder to texturize a 5 1/4″ x 4″ piece of Basic Black card stock. Adhere to the front.
- Cut 2 pieces of black and white zig zag patterned paper 5 1/4″ x 4″ and adhere to both inside faces of the card base.
- Use the scalloped border die included with the Zany Zoo bundle to cut a border on 2 pieces of Lemon Lolly card stock cut 1 1/4″ x 4 1/4″. Adhere to the top of each inside page.
- Cut and score two pieces of Lemon Lolly card stock:
- 1-1/2” x 7-1/2” scored parallel to the short side at 3-3/4” and a ½” on each side
- 2-1/2” x 5-1/2” scored parallel to short side at 2-3/4” and a ½” on each side
- Run a second piece of 5 1/4″ x 4″ piece of Basic Black card stock through the Exposed Brick Embossing folder and cut to the following sizes:
- Two pieces that are 1-3/8” x 3-1/8”
- Two pieces that are 2-3/8” x 2-1/8”
- Adhere them to the corresponding spots on the Lemon Lolly pieces from step 5. These are your Balcony pieces.
- Fold the balcony pieces as shown on the left. Then add Tear & Tape to the “wings” on both sides. (See photos.)
- Starting with the taller balcony, remove the release paper and tuck the folded balcony into the fold slighlty lower than the center.
- Repeat with the longer, narrower balcony.
- Die cut/fussy cut your characters and color with blends. Adhere to the balconies.
- Die cut two of the 2nd smallest circles from Stylish Shapes dies. Stamp one with You’re too Wonderful and one with Happy Birthday to you.
- Adhere the You’re too wonderful to the top right hand corner of card front.
- Adhere the Happy Birthday to the next largest circle cut from Lemon Lime card stock.
- Adhere to the inside of the card.
- Start with a 1 1/2″ x 11″ piece of Lemon Lolly card stock and loosely fold around your closed card. Adhere on the overlap in the back.
- Die cut the largest Stylish Shapes circle from Basic White card stock. Randomly stamp with the confetti stamp. Adhere the circle to the front of the belly band.
- Adhere a 1″ x 4 1/4″ piece of patterned black paper overlapping the bottom of the circle.
- Die cut and color the Alligator from the patterned paper. Adhere to the belly band.
- Stamp Something great to celebrate- you on a scrap of Lemon Lime card stock. Die cut with the sentiment die from the Gorgeously Made dies.
- Slide the belly band onto the card!
- You are done!
Want to see all the products used to create this project? Scroll to the bottom. Click on any thumbnail at the end of this post for more information or to purchase.
Please click on the next name on the list and continue to be inspired by the amazing projects created by this design team. I know you will not be disappointed.
Can I help you?
I would love to be your Stampin’ Up! demonstrator and help you on your creative journey. Shop with me here: shop ChatnCraft with Lorraine.
Want more tips, tricks and inspiration? Sign up for my weekly email here.
I’d love help you make beautiful cards and paper crafts at home. Sign up here if you need the latest catalog.
Anyone who shops with me receives a free tutorial bundle packed with project ideas and details. Here’s a sneak peek at the Tutorial Bundle that I am currently giving away.
Here is the card that I made and for which instructions will be included in the tutorial.
Please email me if you have any questions or I can assist you in any way.
ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Shop my online store: lorrainetierney.stampinup.net
Send me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow me on FaceBook: ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Join our FaceBook Group: ChatnCraft Creations
Read my blog: ChatnCraftwithLorraine.com
Follow me on Pinterest: ChatnCraftwithLorraine
Subscribe to my Channel on YouTube: Chat’n’Craft with Lorraine Tierney