The Waves of Inspiration stamp set came to mind immediately when I thought of making a Diorama card. This Waves of Inspiration Diorama card was so much fun to make with this stamp set. It has all the makings for a great setup. This diorama card was cased from those made by Julie Davison. And, yes, it fits in a regular medium white envelope.
I used just about everything from the Waves of the Ocean Collection for this card. The Waves of Ocean patterned paper is peeking out from behind the wave and pelican and the foil can be seen on the wave and sea gulls. I love the Rhinestone Waves Basic Jewels, too. Don’t forget that the Waves of the Ocean patterned paper, rhinestones and foils will only be available while supplies last.
Instructions for the Waves of Inspiration Diorama Card
- Cut 2 pieces of Pacific Point card stock 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″.
- With the 5 1/2″ side across the top of your trimmer, score both pieces at 1/2″ and 1″ from both ends .
- On one piece use the 2nd largest Layering Circle die to cut an opening in the center. (Do not cut through any score lines.)
- Now fold all the score lines in a Z fold manner. That is, start with the most center folds and fold them toward the back. Then fold the on the next score line back toward the outside of the piece.
- Adhere a 3 1/4″ x 4″ piece of Waves of Ocean patterned paper to the uncut piece of Pacific Point.
- On a scrap of Basic White, stamp the pelican using Basic Gray and die cut.
- Adhere the pelican to the piece of patterned paper using dimensionals. Be sure that it can be seen within the circle as the card will be when finished.
- Cut a 3 1/4″ x 4″ piece of Basic White for the back of the diorama. Stamp with the pelican and “happy birthday” before adhering to the back of this same piece.
- Die cut the wave from a Piece of Night of Navy blue foil. Die cut three sea gulls from a leftover piece of foil after cutting the wave.
- Adhere the foil sea gulls to the patterned paper using a small piece of dimensional.
- Die cut another 2 sea gulls from Basic White as well as two clouds and one extra “fluff” of clouds.
- Stamp the sentient on a 3 1/4″ x 2″ piece of Basic White and die cut with the large label die.
- Adhere the two white sea gulls and two clouds above the circle on the front piece.
- Adhere the wave across and below the circle with dabs of liquid glue. Anchor the wave by having the curl touch the right hand side.
- Adhere the sentiment to the front.
- Add three Rhinestones Waves Basic Jewels to the front.
- Place the front and the back piece of the card on top of each other so that the bottom edges are “curled up” and the top edges “curl down”. Use Tear & Tape on the outermost sections to adhere the front and back together.
Here is a video of a Diorama card that is made with the On the Horizon’s Bundle.
Want to see all the products used to create this project? Scroll to the bottom. Click on any thumbnail at the end of this post for more information or to purchase.
Grab your favorite beverage and hop on to the “NEXT” blog post to see another amazing diorama. You are sure to be inspired by these wonderful creations.
Symbols of Fortune stamp camp
Please join me and 12 talented Stampin’ Up! demonstrators from around the world for an amazing Stamp Camp experience. This Symbols of Fortune Stamp Camp will feature the softly colored and shimmery suite of products. You can see each of the items here:
This Stamp Camp includes a card kit to make 12 cards…one designed by each of the demonstrators on the Creativity Abounds team. In this card kit you will get the card bases and any pieces of card stock needed to make the card. If a die other than the ones included in the Crane of Fortune Bundle is used, it will be cut for you. Envelopes are included as well.
You will use your Symbols of Fortune patterned paper, Crane of Fortune Bundle, Soft Succulent Satin Shimmer ribbon, Polished Dots, and inks and adhesives.
This kit will come with an emailed written tutorial for each card as well as “unlisted” videos to show you how to make the cards.
On April 29 -30 , 2022, you will be part of an exclusive Facebook Group where we will have 12 LIVE presentations showing another project made with the suite. As the group is international, some LIVES will be at less convenient times, but they will all be recorded in the FaceBook group and you will have access to them forever. You are invited to post your cards, comment and play along with challenges in this exclusive group as well.
The only fee to participate in this Stamp Camp is purchase through me of the Symbols of Fortune Suite (item #157667- and all the products are included with this one number). If you already own these products, please substitute any other $82.75 (before shipping and tax) of products. Please use the link below as it includes my HOST CODE (3Z2Q2CK2).
You can order by clicking on this link: SHOP WITH CHATNCRAFT WITH LORRAINE and this will input the host code for you automatically. I will be notified of your purchase and will enroll you in Stamp Camp. Please be sure to order as soon as possible to ensure that nothing becomes unavailable!
NOTE: The Symbols of Fortune Suite is not available at this time because the Polished Dots are on backorder. You can participate in the Stamp Camp if you order all of the items individually (you’ll still save 10% on the Stamp & Die bundle) and add a different embellishment such as Iridescent Rhinestone Jewels. Please use the HOST CODE 3Z2Q2CK2.
About a week before Stamp Camp you will receive your card kit in the mail. Then a few days before the Symbols of Fortune Stamp Camp starts, you will receive an invitation to join the exclusive Facebook group.
If you have any questions, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can I help you?
I would love to be your Stampin’ Up! demonstrator and help you on your creative journey. Shop with me here: shop ChatnCraft with Lorraine.
Want more tips, tricks and inspiration? Sign up for my weekly email here.
I’d love help you make beautiful cards and paper crafts at home. Sign up here if you need the latest catalog.
Anyone who shops with me receives a free tutorial bundle packed with project ideas and details. Here’s a sneak peek at the Tutorial Bundle that I am currently giving away.
Please email me if you have any questions or I can assist you in any way.
ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Shop my online store: lorrainetierney.stampinup.net
Send me an email: email@example.com
Follow me on FaceBook: ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Join our FaceBook Group: ChatnCraft Creations
Read my blog: ChatnCraftwithLorraine.com
Follow me on Pinterest: ChatnCraftwithLorraine
Subscribe to my Channel on YouTube: Chat’n’Craft with Lorraine Tierney