The Crafty Collaborations Team is comprised of Stampin’ Up! Demonstrators from around the world. Each month we participate in several collaborative projects, including Blog Hops, like this one, to inspire all of us in our passion for crafting. Our goal is to create, share, and inspire every crafter to keep our creative energy flowing.
This month’s Crafty Challenge was to create a card inspired by this photograph and these colors.
I chose to use the colors and the photo as my inspiration although I “updated” the colors to include Petal Pink rather than Pale Papaya, Pecan Pie rather than Cajun Craze, and Azure Afternoon rather than Pacific Point. Here’s the card that I created:
The photo definitely inspired the layers of torn paper and the “beachy” theme. I was a bit challenged by the colors. This is not a color combination that I would have chosen although, it has grown on me as I worked on this card. I do like Pecan Pie and Azure Afternoon together. Waves of Inspiration seemed like a natural stamp set to for the pelican on the pilings and the sentiment. I’m always happy for a chance to use the shells from the Seaside Bay stamp set as they are a favorite.
Want to see all the products used to create this project? Scroll to the bottom. Click on any thumbnail at the end of this post for more information or to purchase.
INstructions for waves of Inspiration Color Challenge
- Cut an Azure Afternoon card base 4 1/4″ x 11″ and score at 5 1/2″. Burnish and fold. The folded edge will be your left hand edge of the card.
- Cut a 2 1/2″ x 5 1/4″ piece of Azure Afternoon DSP from the Bright & Beautiful paper pack. Adhere to the top of the card base.
- Rip the top edge of a 1 1/4″ x 5 1/4″ piece of Basic White and adhere overlapping the bottom of the DSP.
- Starting with a 1 1/4″ x 5 1/4″ piece of Petal Pink card stock, rip the top edge and adhere overlapping the bottom of the Basic White piece.
- Do the same to the top edge of a 2 1/4″ x 5 1/4″ piece of Pecan Pie card stock and adhere this overlapping the Petal Pink.
- Use Pecan Pie ink to stamp the pelican on the pilings from the Waves of Inspiration and die cut. Use dimensionals to adhere it to the right hand side of the card.
- Tear the top and LEFT edge of a 1 1/2″ x 3″ piece of Pecan Pie card stock and adhere to the right side of the overlapping the pilings.
- Stamp Happy Birthday in Pecan Pie ink and die cut with the narrow die from the Waves of Inspiration bundle. Add two short pieces of white Baker’s twine to each end. Adhere with dimensionals.
- Use Pecan Pie ink to stamp 3 seagulls in the upper left portion of the sky.
- With Pecan Pie ink stamp the shells twice across the bottom of a 4″ x 5 1/4″ piece of Basic White. Adhere to the inside of the card.
Join me and the Creativity Abounds team for our ON LINE Fresh as a Daisy Stamp Camp. Purchase the Fresh As a Daisy Suite Collection (item # 161301 for $73.50) as shown on p. 110 of the 2023-2024 Annual catalog as well as the In Color Jute trim (item #161637 for $8.00) from me and you will automatically be registered for our Fresh as A Daisy Stamp Camp on July 7 & 8, 2023. THE STAMP CAMP IS FREE!
This event is held live in an exclusive FaceBook group and will be available to watch forever. Included in the stamp camp are 13 “make and take” card kits. You will get all supplies not included in the Fresh as a Daisy Suite collection (cut and prepped) along with video AND written instructions to make 13 projects. During the Stamp Camp we will present 13 additional projects “live” that you can make on your own at a later date.
The only cost for the Stamp Camp is purchase of the Fresh as a Daisy Suite Collection. Please use this link to purchase in order to ensure your registration. Just add the In Color Jute (#161637 to your order and you’ll be all set.)Product List