You can use the following “recipe” to get yourself started. I did not include cutting sizes for the Snowman and rectangle on the front because there are just so many possibilities of what you can put there. Don’t limit yourself to that shape and style. I used a Stitched Nested die in that spot on one card and Brightly Gleaming Ornaments on another. (Photos are at the end.)
Card stock color #1:
-card base: 4 1/4″ x 11″ scored at 5 1/2”
-strip for inside: 1 3/4″ x 11″, score at 2 3/4″, 5 1/2″ and 8 1/4″
-mat under greeting on front: 1 1/8″ x 5 1/8″
White or Very Vanilla Card Stock:
-greeting 1″ x 5 1/8″
-Inside for sentiment/stamped image 1 3/4″ x 2 1/2″ — cut 2
Card Stock Color #2
-mat for front of card (under DSP) 5 1/4″ x 4
-rectangular “mats” for inside 2″ x 2 3/4″ – CUT 4
(or can be a different color than front mat)
DSP/Patterned Paper– Can be all the same or different
Front of card 5 1/8″ x 3 7/8″
Inside Mats (behind strip)- 5 1/4″ x 4″ – cut 2
Little rectangles to go on strip 1 3/4″ x 2 1/2″ -cut 2
***Sign up to receive all my tips, tricks, and techniques HERE.
To assemble card:
1. Adhere your DSP for the piece of whisper white or very vanilla. Then adhere that to the front of your card base.
2. Next stamp your greeting on the Whisper white/very vanilla strip and adhere that to the card stock strip that is slightly bigger. Adhere that to the front of the card. (I adhered it about 1/3 of the way to the top.)
3. Adhere your DSP/patterened papers to the inside of the card base.
4. Now SCORE your strip of cardstock that is 1 3/4″ x 11″. You will score it at 2 3/4″, 5 1/2″, and 8 1/4″. Once it’s scored, fold it in half and then fold each end back (towards the outside) over the middle so it is folded like a “W”. See the photo on the left.
5. Next put adhesive on the back of the two outermost sections. These will get adhered to the inside of the card. Line the edges of the folded strip up with the edges of the patterned paper while keeping both center folds lined up. See photo on the right.
7. These get adhered to the strip in whatever order pleases you.
8. Now you can punch, die cut, or stamp a little something to add to the front of your card. IF you’d like, you can put them on a circle or rectangle. Be bold and try something different!
Here are two other cards I made with this design:
1. Pacific Point card stock
2. Highland Heather card stock
3. Whisper white card stock
4. Night of Navy card stock
5. Very Vanilla card stock
6. Copper foil paper
7. Snowflake Splendor DSP (on sale in October 2020)
8. Snowman Season stamp set
9. Snowman Builder Punch
10. Christmas Gleaming Variety Bundle
11. Highland Heather ink
12 Mossy Meadow ink
13. Night of Navy ink
I hope that this has inspired you to try this W Fold card! I think you will love it!