It’s time for our Creativity Abounds Blog Hop. We are a group of Stampin’ Up! demonstrators from around the world- all with different styles- who hope to inspire you to create beautiful cards and send them to friends and family.
Here is a peak at our design team. Join us for one of our Stamp Camps and you’ll get to meet everyone!
This month our theme is the Two Tone Flora Bundle. This bundle has a beautiful floral 2 step stamping stamp set. Each flower has a background stamp and a detailed stamp. The dies in the bundle cut out each flower and leaf. This bundle makes it so easy to create beautiful arrangements of flowers. Here is the card I created:
I’m beginning to need spring so I chose the sunny yellow piece of Fancy Flora paper to use as the background along with a coupe of blooms cut out of Daffodil Delight card stock. I love the yellow and the grays together.
The diagonal fun fold is an easy fold that says “Wow” when it is opened. It is easy to do and an added benefit is you get two card bases when you cut one! Here’s what it looks like when opened.
Instructions for Two Tone Flora Diagonal Fold Card
- With your paper in Portrait orientation, score it at 4 1/4”. Turn to Landscape orientation and score it at 5 1/2”.
- Now, remove your scoring blade from your paper trimmer by wiggling it out at the slightly wider spot in the track. (You need to do this to get to the very bottom and very top of the track.)
- Turn your paper so it is diagonally in the cutter as pictured. And cut from point to point. It is best to start in the middle of the paper and cut up to the top and then down to the bottom. Run your cutter up and down 2-3 times paying particular attention to the very top and bottom.
4. Fold the triangles on the score lines so the diagonal line goes from top left to bottom right.
5. Cut your gray and yellow piece of Fancy Flora Designer Series Paper (5 1/4″ x 4″) on the diagonal in the same orientation as your card base- top left to bottom right. (Line up the top point and the bottom point in your track just like you did in the photo above.)
6. Adhere a triangle to each of the triangles on the front of your card base.
7. Repeat with a second piece of Fancy Flora Designer Series paper (5 1/4″ x 4″) for the inside triangles. This piece will need to be cut top right to bottom left. (Avoid a directional pattern as one triangle will need to be rotated.) Adhere to the inside triangles.
8. Die cut the largest Stylish Shapes square from Basic Gray and the next largest square from Smoky Slate card stock. Stamp your the “Here for you always” sentiment on the Smoky Slate square.
9. Adhere the two squares together.
10. Stamp 2 “detailed images” of the flowers on Daffodil Delight card stock using Smoky Slate ink. Die cut without using the “fill in” stamp.
11. On Smoky Slate card stock, stamp the small detailed stamp for the cluster of flowers with Basic Gray. Use Smoky Slate to stamp the fill in for the flowers. Die cut.
12. Stamp the smallest single bloom with Basic Gray for the detailed stamp and Smoky Slate for the fill in. Die cut.
13. Using a piece of Soft Succulent and Evening Evergreen Fancy Flora paper, stamp the leaf sprig and the two leaves with Evening Evergreen ink. Die cut each.
14. Adhere the flowers as shown. Only the large Daffodil Delight flower is on dimensionals. Use liquid glue or Tear & Tape to adhere to the front. Be sure to put adhesive only on the lower left part of the square so the card can open!
15. On a piece of 5 1/4″ x 4″ piece of Basic White, stamp the small cluster of flowers with Basic Gray and Smoky Slate as done previously. Adhere to the inside of the card.
Want to see all the products used to create this project? Scroll to the bottom. Click on any thumbnail at the end of this post for more information or to purchase.
Be sure to click on through the list to see all of our gorgeous creations with the Two Tone Flora bundle.
Can I help you?
I would love to be your Stampin’ Up! demonstrator and help you on your creative journey. Shop with me here: shop ChatnCraft with Lorraine.
Want more tips, tricks and inspiration? Sign up for my weekly email here.
I’d love help you make beautiful cards and paper crafts at home. Sign up here if you need the latest catalog.
Anyone who shops with me receives a free tutorial bundle packed with project ideas and details. Here’s a sneak peek at the Tutorial Bundle that I am currently giving away.
Please email me if you have any questions or I can assist you in any way.
ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Shop my online store: lorrainetierney.stampinup.net
Send me an email: email@example.com
Follow me on FaceBook: ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Join our FaceBook Group: ChatnCraft Creations
Read my blog: ChatnCraftwithLorraine.com
Follow me on Pinterest: ChatnCraftwithLorraine
Subscribe to my Channel on YouTube: Chat’n’Craft with Lorraine Tierney