Here is another fun fold that we made as part of our Tuesday evening Zoom class. (This class is free and open to everyone. Details on my FB page: ChatnCraftwithLorraine. ) We love a fun fold and it is always so much fun to see how different the cards look with everyone using their own supplies.
measurements & INstructions
- Cut a 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″ card base in Early Espresso.
- Cut a piece of Day at the Farm DSP 5 1/2″ x 5 1/2″. Make sure you like seeing both sides of the paper together. (You also want to make sure the pattern on the inside and outside have the same orientation.)
- Cut a card stock mat in the same color as the card base about 2 1/2″ x 4″.
- Cut 3 Basic White Mats 2 1/4″ x 3 1/2″.
- Tip: I used the 4th and 5th largest Deckled Rectangles for these pieces.
- With your double sided patterned paper showing the pattern you want on the left side of your card, score it at 3 3/4″.
- Tip: If you want your card in Landscape orientation, start with the pattern in correct vertical orientation and turn it one turn to the left. Score at 3 3/4″.
- Fold and Burnish this piece.
- Adhere the folded piece of patterned paper to the card base. There will be a border on the right and left but not the top and bottom (in portrait orientation.)
- With the pattern paper folded “closed,” adhere about 1″ of the mat to the right edge.
- Stamp your Birthday Piggy on the Basic White with Memento Black ink. Color the pig with Light and Dark Flirty Flamingo. The dirt with Light Soft Suede, the balloon with Light Daffodil Delight, the cake with Light So Saffron. The candle and plate are Light Mossy Meadow and the flame is Light Pumpkin Pie. Add a sentiment on the bottom.
- Center this piece on the mat.
- On the 2nd piece of Basic White, stamp your inside sentiment and adhere it so it is behind the mat when the card is closed.
- If desired, stamp a 3rd Basic White piece and put it on the back of the flap. (See Silly Goose Card below.)
Want to see all the products used to create these projects? Scroll to the bottom. Click on any thumbnail at the end of this post for more information or to purchase.
Here are a couple more cards I made with this same fun fold and the same Day at the Farm patterned paper. The geese are from the Silly Goose stamp set.
Can I help you?
I would love to be your Stampin’ Up! demonstrator and help you on your creative journey. Shop with me here: shop ChatnCraft with Lorraine.
Want more tips, tricks and inspiration? Sign up for my weekly email here.
I’d love help you make beautiful cards and paper crafts at home. Sign up here if you need the latest catalog.
Anyone who shops with me receives a free tutorial bundle packed with project ideas and details. Here’s a sneak peek at the Tutorial Bundle that I am currently giving away.
Please email me if you have any questions or I can assist you in any way.
ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Shop my online store: lorrainetierney.stampinup.net
Send me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow me on FaceBook: ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Join our FaceBook Group: ChatnCraft Creations
Read my blog: ChatnCraftwithLorraine.com
Follow me on Pinterest: ChatnCraftwithLorraine
Subscribe to my Channel on YouTube: Chat’n’Craft with Lorraine Tierney
Leave a Reply