The Crafty Collaborations Team is comprised of Stampin’ Up! Demonstrators from around the world. Each month we participate in several collaborative projects, including Blog Hops, like this one to inspire all of us in our passion for crafting. Our goal is to create, share, and inspire every crafter to keep our creative energy flowing.
Today’s challenge was to create a card based on a sketch provided. I created a Thanksgiving card using Beauty of the Earth patterned papers, the Giving Gifts dies and sentiments from Pretty Pumpkins stamp set.
Here is the sketch that was provided as a challenge. As you can see, I changed the orientation of the card to Portrait and moved the sentiment a bit lower.
Using a sketch as a starting point for a card gives you a jumping off point. You never need to follow it exactly but I find the extra bit of structure makes my creative process easier and quicker. You can make this card or your own based on this sketch too.
- Cut your Cajun Craze card stock 8 1/2” x 5 1/2” and score at 4 1/4” to make your card base.
- Adhere a 1” x 4 1/4” strip of Mossy Meadow card stock to the card front, slightly above the middle.
- Choose two patterned papers from the Beauty of the Earth paper pack and cut each to 2 1-2” x 3 3/4”. Adhere these to the card front at an angle.
- Using the leaves from the Giving Gifts Dies, cut out 3 sets and adhere in the upper left corner as well as along the bottom of the card front.
- With Cajun Craze ink, stamp “gather together” on a scrap of basic white and cut it out with paper snips. Adhere the sentiment to the front of the card with dimensionals.
- Stamp leaves and the “so thankful for you” sentiment on a 5 1/4” x 4” piece of Basic White card stock. Adhere to the inside of the card.
Want to see all the products used to make these cards? Click on any thumbnail at the end of this post for more information or to purchase.
I hope you have been inspired to try this sketch challenge yourself. Please post a photo your Thanksgiving card on Chat’n’Craft Creations Facebook page so we can all enjoy it! Remember, this is a blog hop so check out the cards our talented team members created with the same sketch.
Can I help you?
I would love to be your Stampin’ Up! demonstrator and help you on your creative journey. Shop with me here: shop ChatnCraft with Lorraine.
Want more tips, tricks and inspiration? Sign up for my weekly email here.
I’d love help you make beautiful cards and paper crafts at home. Sign up here if you need the latest catalog.
Anyone who shops with me receives a free tutorial bundle packed with project ideas and details. Here’s a sneak peek at the Whimsy & Wonder Bundle that I am currently giving away.
Please email me if you have any questions or I can assist you in any way.
ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Shop my online store: lorrainetierney.stampinup.net
Send me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow me on FaceBook: ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Join our FaceBook Group: ChatnCraft Creations
Read my blog: ChatnCraftwithLorraine.com
Follow me on Pinterest: ChatnCraftwithLorraine
Subscribe to my Channel on YouTube: Chat’n’Craft with Lorraine Tierney