Welcome to the Technique Squad’s Blog Hop. Today our theme is Vellum Coloring. There are so many ways to color vellum. My card features coloring the vellum with Stampin’ Blends and then diluting the color with 91% Isopropyl Alcohol. It is a very fun technique that is addicting to play with. No two backgrounds ever come out the same but they are all beautiful.
This card has a few new items from the 2024 January to April Mini Catalog. The strawberry and the sentiment are both from the Ice Cream Swirl Stamp set. And don’t you love that circle? That was die cut with the Everyday Details dies. These dies have circles, rectangles, lines and the ability to cut out frames! Check them out!
instructions for Sweet Strawberry vellum card
- Cut, score and fold a Berry Burst card base. (8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, score at 4 1/4″.)
- Color with Berry Burst and Bubble Bath blends on a piece of Vellum cut 3 1/2″ x 5″.
- When covered with coloring, use your wide waterpainter brush to drip Isopropyl Alcohol onto the coloring. It will become spotted and/or puddle. Use your heat tool to move the ink around. Dry the vellum. Add more coloring and then more alcohol, if desired.
- When satisfied, add an Adhesive Sheet to the back of the vellum. Remove the adhesive backing and place the colored vellum on a piece of Basic White also cut 3 1/2″ x 5″.
- After rubbing the vellum with the embossing buddy, stamp the “Hope Your Day is” in VersaMark ink on the center of the vellum. Sprinkle with Black Embossing Powder and melt.
- Repeat the embossing process with the word “Sweet.”
- Then die cut with the 4 1/2″ x 3 1/4″ Perennial Postage die. Wrap with theSilver & White ribbon and tie a knot.
- Adhere that piece to a piece of Bubble Bath card stock cut 3 5/8″ x 4 7/8″.
- This layer is then adhered to Silver Foil cut 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″.
- Lastly attach it to the Berry Burst card front.
- Die cut the 1 7/8″ circle from the Everyday Details die from a scrap of Berry Burst card stock.
- Stamp a strawberry on the left, mask it and then stamp a second one overlapping the first one slightly.
- Adhere to the front of the card as shown.
- Add several rhinestones around the sentiment and strawberries.
This is a close up look at the gorgeous swirls and variations of colors you get with this technique. I hope you will give it a try! You will love it!
Want to see all the products used to create this project? Scroll to the bottom. Click on any thumbnail at the end of this post for more information or to purchase.
Please click on the next name on the list and continue to be inspired by the amazing projects created by these demonstrators. I know you will not be disappointed.
Nature’s Sweetness Stamp Camp
On February 9 and 10th I will be joining once again with the Creativity Abounds Design Team to bring you Nature’s Sweetness Stamp Camp. This stamp camp is conducted completely on line through an exclusive FaceBook group. To participate in this camp all you need do is purchase the following items from me: Notes of Nature Bundle (item #162640), Nature’s Sweetness DSP (item #162616), Faux Leather Trim (item #162644), and Cork Rounds (item #162643). (Items are pictured above.)
Click on this link and then “add to cart” those items will be added to your cart automatically!
If you are a demonstrator and have already purchased these items, simply make a purchase equivalent to $78.75 with me and let me know you’d like to participate in the stamp camp.
What is Stamp Camp? It is the chance to make 26 projects with these Nature’s Sweetness products. You will receive a card kit of precut card stock, PDF tutorial, and videos to make 13 projects on your own. Then on February 9-10 you can watch 13 BONUS projects presented LIVE by our design team. (These projects are different than those in the tutorial.) You can make these at your convenience as well. The FB group will stay open indefinitely and you can replay all of the videos as many times as you’d like.
You can shop with me here: https://bit.ly/shopchatncraftwithlorraine.
Questions? Please email me!
Can I help you?
I would love to be your Stampin’ Up! demonstrator and help you on your creative journey. Shop with me here: shop ChatnCraft with Lorraine.
Want more tips, tricks and inspiration? Sign up for my weekly email here.
I’d love help you make beautiful cards and paper crafts at home. Sign up here if you need the latest catalog.
Anyone who shops with me receives a free tutorial bundle packed with project ideas and details. Here’s a sneak peek at the Tutorial Bundle that I am currently giving away.
Please email me if you have any questions or I can assist you in any way.
ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Shop my online store: lorrainetierney.stampinup.net
Send me an email: email@example.com
Follow me on FaceBook: ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Join our FaceBook Group: ChatnCraft Creations
Read my blog: ChatnCraftwithLorraine.com
Follow me on Pinterest: ChatnCraftwithLorraine
Subscribe to my Channel on YouTube: Chat’n’Craft with Lorraine Tierney