“Welcome to the Ink & Inspiration Blog Hop. You are currently visiting ChatnCraft with Lorraine from the USA. I hope you enjoy my Sweet Stocking card. Our theme for this month’s blog hop is “Tool Time” so we will be sharing with you about a tool from our stash!
When thinking about my favorite tool or my most used tool, I immediately thought of my Stampin’ Cut and Emboss machine. I use this tool on just about every card I make. The Cut & Emboss machine works with embossing folders and dies to add so much interest and detail to your cards. I can’t make a card without it! In the instructions below, I explain how I made this Stitched Rectangle a “custom” size.
instructions for my Sweet Stocking card
- Cut an Old Olive card base 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ and score at 4 1/4″.
- Open the card base and place the front panel in the Star Crossed embossing folder making sure to place the folder right up to the fold line but not past it.
- Run this through your Stampin’ Cut & Emboss machine.
- Cut a 3 1/4″ x 3 1/4″ square of the Sweet Stocking patterned paper. I chose the one with the cute animals in the Christmas stockings.
- Mat this piece of patterned paper on a piece of Cherry Cobbler card stock cut 3 1/2″ x 3 1/2″.
- Tape a 4 1/2″ piece of Cherry Cobbler and Gold ribbon onto the matted piece of patterned paper. Tie a second piece of ribbon (about 4″) and tie it on the first piece of ribbon.
- Attach this to the front of the card base with Multipurpose glue or Seal.
- Stamp “merry christmas” in Old Olive on a scrap of basic white card stock.
- Using the 2nd largest tall, skinny Stitched Rectangle die, cut out the sentiment using your Stampin’ Cut & Emboss machine.
- Then, referring to the photo below, place the same die under the sentiment and run it through your Stampin’ Cut & Emboss machine again. (You can see just how much I use my Cut & Emboss machine by the condition of my plates. I replace them often!)
- Attach your sentiment to the front of the card with dimensionals.
- Using your Dark Old Olive Stampin’ Blends, color 3 rhinestones and place on the front of the card.
Want to see all the products used to make these cards? Click on any thumbnail at the end of this post for more information or to purchase.
I hope that you are inspired to use your Cut & Emboss machine for all of your cards. Please click on the next name in the list (You are visiting ChatnCraft with Lorraine) and see what other tools our talented design team loves to use.
Can I help you?
I would love to be your Stampin’ Up! demonstrator and help you on your creative journey. Shop with me here: shop ChatnCraft with Lorraine.
Want more tips, tricks and inspiration? Sign up for my weekly email here.
I’d love help you make beautiful cards and paper crafts at home. Sign up here if you need the latest catalog.
Anyone who shops with me receives a free tutorial bundle packed with project ideas and details. Here’s a sneak peek at the Whimsy & Wonder Bundle that I am currently giving away.
Please email me if you have any questions or I can assist you in any way.
ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Shop my online store: lorrainetierney.stampinup.net
Send me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow me on FaceBook: ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Join our FaceBook Group: ChatnCraft Creations
Read my blog: ChatnCraftwithLorraine.com
Follow me on Pinterest: ChatnCraftwithLorraine
Subscribe to my Channel on YouTube: Chat’n’Craft with Lorraine Tierney