This Sweet Stockings Quarter Fold card is such a great fun fold. It looks so much more difficult than it is! You will be pleased that you can make this in a snap! Here’s another piece of good news: It fits perfectly in our medium envelopes.
There is plenty of space to write your message when the card is opened.
The trick to this card is to be consistent in how you close it. The easiest way is to start with the left vertical panel, then fold up the bottom, follow that with the right side, and then the top. When folding the top down, just tuck the LEFT corner of the top under the LEFT flap. Viola! You have done it!
INstructions for the Quarter Fold Card
- Cut an Evening Evergreen card base 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ and score at 2 1/8″ and 2 1/16″ (just one more little line to the right.)
- Then flip this card base around and repeat on this end.
- Next cut a Cherry Cobbler card base 4 1/4″ x 11″ and score at 2 3/4″ and 2 11/16″ (just one little line to the right.)
- Flip the card base around and repeat on this end.
- Gently fold the card stock and it should fold “in between” the two score lines. DO NOT BURNISH.
- Adhere the Cherry Cobbler card base inside the Evening Evergreen card stock as shown in the second photo.
- Cut a scrap of Sweet Stockings patterned paper 1/2″ x 4″ and adhere to the bottom of a basic white mat cut 5 1/4″ x 4″.
- Stamp the sentiment “Wishing you…new year” from Tidings & Trimmings bundle on the mat with Cherry Cobbler ink.
- Adhere this white piece to the inside of the card- on the Cherry Cobbler card stock.
- Fold up the card starting with left flap, bottom, right flap and then tucking the top under the left edge. With the card closed, gently burnish the folds.
- Next will decorate the 4 panels. They are not all the same size.
- Cut 2 pieces of Sweet Stockings patterned paper (subtle pattern) 1 7/8″ x 2 5/8″. Adhere to top left and bottom right.
- Stamp the “Merry & Bright” sentiment from the Tidings & Trimmings bundle using Evening Evergreen ink on a Basic White piece measuring 1 5/8″ x 2 3/8″ and adhere to upper left corner on top of the patterned paper. Add a star (stamped off twice)in Bumblebee ink and two small solid stars (also in Bumblebee ink.)
- Die cut the small star from Tidings & Trimming bundle on Evening Evergreen card stock. Die cut the filigree pattern from gold foil. Adhere the foil to the star. Pop up on the lower right corner.
- Cut two pieces of Sweet Stockings patterned paper 2″ x 2 1/2″ and adhere to the upper right corner and to the lower left corner.
Want to see all the products used in this post? Scroll to the bottom. Click on any thumbnail at the end of this post for more information or to purchase.
Do you love quality papers? Do you love your cards and scrapbook pages to be well coordinated? Do you love a discount? If you answered “YES!” to any of these questions then I have a value packed deal for you. From now until November 30 you can purchase an INFINITELY CUSTOMIZABLE starter kit. You choose ANY Stampin’ Up! products (except prepaid paper pumpkin subscriptions) with a value up to $125 and pay ONLY $75. There is no shipping charge on a starter kit— additional savings! There is no commitment to demonstrate and no pressure from me! I’d love to have you join my team of happy card makers! Click this link to get started! If you have any questions, please email me at email@example.com!
Can I help you?
I would love to be your Stampin’ Up! demonstrator and help you on your creative journey. Shop with me here: shop ChatnCraft with Lorraine.
Want more tips, tricks and inspiration? Sign up for my weekly email here.
I’d love help you make beautiful cards and paper crafts at home. Sign up here if you need the latest catalog.
Anyone who shops with me receives a free tutorial bundle packed with project ideas and details. Here’s a sneak peek at the Artfully Composed Tutorial Bundle that I am currently giving away.
Please email me if you have any questions or I can assist you in any way.
ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Shop my online store: lorrainetierney.stampinup.net
Send me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow me on FaceBook: ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Join our FaceBook Group: ChatnCraft Creations
Read my blog: ChatnCraftwithLorraine.com
Follow me on Pinterest: ChatnCraftwithLorraine
Subscribe to my Channel on YouTube: Chat’n’Craft with Lorraine Tierney