It was so much fun to have a small group of friends and fellow stampers visit recently at ChatnCraft with Lorraine’s first open house in New Hampshire. Everyone completed two Make’n Takes- the two Sweet as a Peach cards you see pictured above. Everyone also received a little “pillow gift.”
It was absolutely wonderful to stamp in person and laugh together. We created those two cards and played with more products including Soft Pastels, Peaceful Cabin Bundle, Whimsy and Wonder bundle, and the Color and Contour bundle. The Spiral Dye stamp set saw some ink and made some fun cards as well. During all that I only managed to snap one picture! This one….
It would have been wonderful if everyone far and near could have joined us (and if a hurricane were not expected the next day!) Anyway, here are instructions in case you’d like to make these cards at home!
Instructions for GateFold Sweet as a Peach
- Cut a piece of Basic White 11″ x 4 1/4″. Score at 2″, 3 3/4″, 7 1/4″ and 9″.
- Cut another piece of Basic White 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″. (This is the base of the card.)
- Cut Basic White 3 1/4″ x 4″ for the very inside layer. You will stamp the sentiment on this.
- Cut Basic White 4″ x 2″ for the Happy Birthday sentiment on the front.
- Patterned Paper #1 – cut 2 at 1″ x 4 1/8″ (small pieces of green- peeking out from the back.)
- Calypso Coral card stock 1 7/8″ x 4 1/8″ (mat for Patterned Paper #2- large peaches.)
- Patterned Paper #2- cut 2 at 1 1/4″ x 4″ (Large peach pattern adhered to the Calypso Coral)
- Patterned Paper #3- cut 2 at 1 5/8″ x 4″ (when gatefold opens you see this.)
- Calypso Coral Mat for inside- 3 3/8″ x 4 1/8″
- Pear Pizazz mat for sentiment on front- 3 3/4″ x 2″
Video for Card Assembly
The best way for me to give you assembly instructions is by showing you with this video.
Instructions for Scalloped Edge Birthday Card
- Cut your Balmy Blue card base 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ and score at 4 1/4″.
- Cut the Blue peachy patterned paper 1″ x 5 1/2″ and adhere to the left hand side of the card base leaving a small border.
- Cut the white floral paper with small flowers 3″ x 5 1/2″. Using the scalloped border die from the Contour dies, scallop the right hand side.
- Adhere to the front of the card as shown.
- Die cut a piece of Basic White with the largest Scalloped rectangle from the Stitched So Sweetly dies.
- Stamp the leaves coming down from the top left corner in Granny Apple Green.
- Ink the three peaches in Pale Papaya and then using a sponge dauber add Calypso Coral ink to the edge of the peaches- directly on the stamp. Line the peaches up and stamp.
- Stamp the little flowers in Balmy Blue as shown.
- Stamp the Happy Birthday under the peaches leaving room for the ribbon at the bottom.
- Tie the ribbon around the rectangle.
- Adhere to the front of the card with dimensionals.
- Cut a piece of Basic White 5 1/4″ x 4″ and stamp a peach on the lower left corner. Use Pale Papaya and Calypso Coral as mentioned in #7 above.
- Add leaves and a stem to the peach.
- Adhere to the inside of the card.
Now both cards are complete. The Sweet as a Peach bundle is a lot of fun and makes adorable cards. It would be a great addition to your stash. You can see all the products used to make these cards at the very end of the post. Click on any of the thumbnail photos to learn more about them or make a purchase in my on line store.
Whimsy & Wonder Stamp Camp
Do you love non-traditional colors for Christmas? Need Christmas ideas? This stamp camp is for you then! You will have the supplies to make the 13 cards we feature in our tutorial- complete with PDF directions and unlisted videos to watch. Then we will show you 13 more projects you could make! This is a collaborative effort of the Creativity Abounds group of Stampin’ Up! demonstrators from around the globe.
To register, purchase the Whimsy & Wonder Suite Collection using this host code: QMXTMBEE. Just click here and you’ll be shopping with me and the host code will be entered for you!
Once you are registered, you will receive a card kit to make 13 different cards with the Whimsy & Wonder suite (p24-25 in the July-Dec Mini Catalog) along with written instructions and private YouTube videos demonstrating how to make those cards. In addition you will have access to an EXCLUSIVE FaceBook group where we will have 13 live presentations on September 17 -18, 2021. These live presentations will be recorded and available forever. (Some will be in less convenient time slots since we are dealing with so many time zones, but you can always watch a replay.) All in all, you will be inspired to create 26 different projects. All of this is FREE! Just purchase the bundle and we will do the rest!
Don’t miss out! Registration is now open for the Whimsy & Wonder Stamp Camp. Email me at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Can I help you?
Live in the USA and need a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator? I’d love to help you to create beautiful cards at home. Sign up here if you need the latest catalog!
Anyone who shops with me receives a free tutorial bundle packed with project ideas and details. Here’s a sneak peek of the Anything But Christmas Bundle that I’ll be giving away this month.
Please email me if you have any questions or I can assist you in any way.
ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Shop my online store: lorrainetierney.stampinup.net
Send me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow me on FaceBook: ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Join our FaceBook Group: ChatnCraft Creations
Read my blog: ChatnCraftwithLorraine.com
Follow me on Pinterest: Chat’n’CraftLT
Subscribe to my Channel on YouTube: Chat’n’Craft with Lorraine Tierney