The Crafty Collaborations Team is comprised of Stampin’ Up! Demonstrators from around the world. Each month we participate in several collaborative projects, including Blog Hops, like this one, to inspire all of us in our passion for crafting. Our goal is to create, share, and inspire every crafter to keep our creative energy flowing.
Today’s challenge is a color challenge or photo for inspiration. Here’s a peek at the prompt we used for inspiration.
After trying out a few different combinations with these colors, here is the card I created using Basic Black, Shaded Spruce and Crushed Curry:
This card was my first “play” with the Softly Sophisticated stamp set. This set is free during Sale-a-bration. It comes with an embossing folder- which I sort of forgot until I looked at the brochure just now. I’ll be sure to feature them both in another card, I promise. Instead of the coordinating folder, I used the Exposed Brick 3D embossing folder- one of my go to folders.
If you look closely, you can see that I added a bit of Crushed Curry coloring on the top of the folder by rubbing my watercolor pencil across the raised areas above and below the flowered image.
I’m loving the Perennial Postage dies. There are so many sizes to choose from- I can’t help but keep them on my desk for easy access.
instructions for the Softly sophisticated hello card
- Cut a Basic Black card base 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ and score at 4 1/4″.
- Adhere a 5 1/4″ x 4″ piece of Crushed Curry card stock to the front of the card base.
- Run a 3 1/2″ x 4 3/4″ piece of Shaded Spruce card stock through the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss machine in the Exposed Brick 3D embossing folder. Add a bit of Crushed Curry by rubbing the Crushed Curry watercolor pencil over the raised embossing.
- Wrap with the Shaded Spruce card stock with Black & White Gingham ribbon and tie a bow. Center and adhere to the Crushed Curry on the front of the card.
- On a small piece of Basic White (about 2 1/2″ x 3″) stamp the leaves in Shaded Spruce ink. Add the flowers in Crushed Curry and stamp “hello there” in Shaded Spruce above the flowers.
- Die cut the flowers and sentiment with the Perennial Postage die that fits right around the image. Adhere to the front with dimensionals.
- Add three sequins from the Adhesive Backed Sequins Trio around the focal image.
Want to see all the products used to create this project? Scroll to the bottom. Click on any thumbnail at the end of this post for more information or to purchase.
Please click on the next name on the list and continue to be inspired by the amazing projects created by these demonstrators. I know you will not be disappointed.
Can I help you?
I would love to be your Stampin’ Up! demonstrator and help you on your creative journey. Shop with me here: shop ChatnCraft with Lorraine.
Want more tips, tricks and inspiration? Sign up for my weekly email here.
I’d love help you make beautiful cards and paper crafts at home. Sign up here if you need the latest catalog.
Anyone who shops with me receives a free tutorial bundle packed with project ideas and details. Here’s a sneak peek at the Tutorial Bundle that I am currently giving away.
Please email me if you have any questions or I can assist you in any way.
ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Shop my online store: lorrainetierney.stampinup.net
Send me an email: email@example.com
Follow me on FaceBook: ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Join our FaceBook Group: ChatnCraft Creations
Read my blog: ChatnCraftwithLorraine.com
Follow me on Pinterest: ChatnCraftwithLorraine
Subscribe to my Channel on YouTube: Chat’n’Craft with Lorraine Tierney