The Crafty Collaborations Team is comprised of Stampin’ Up! Demonstrators from around the world. Each month we participate in several collaborative projects, including Blog Hops, like this one to inspire all of us in our passion for crafting. Our goal is to create, share, and inspire every crafter to keep our creative energy flowing.
There are three layers to the background on this card. The first layer is water color paper with large areas colored in a variety of colors with water color pencils. Then a sheet of vellum and layered over that is a large die cut of succulents. The water color pencils make it easy to make this background without too much of a mess. The sentiment is from Simply Succulents as is the stitched die.
Instructions for Simply Succulents card
- Die cut the large Potted Succulent die from a piece of 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″ Crumb Cake card stock.
- Run the die brush tip on your Take Your Pick tool over the die to remove all the small die cut pieces.
- Lay (but DO NOT ADHERE) the die cut over a piece of water color paper cut 5 7/16″ x 4 3/16″ to get a general idea of the size of the different flowers shown in the die cut.
- Use Real Red, Calypso Coral, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, and Old Olive to color large irregular shaped areas on the water color paper.
- Spritz water lightly over one corner of the paper and use your water painter to add more water, blending out the water color pencil lines. Work on a small section at a time and try to hold your paper flat so the colors don’t run too far.
- **** Important Tip**** Wipe your water painter off on scrap paper until it is free from color before you switch from one color to another.
7. Continuing working your way down the background with spritzing and using your water painter. Pay special attention to trying to “blend” the edges of each color section together. Go back and add more water to sections that you feel need more blending.
8. When you are satisfied with your blending, dry the water color paper with your heat tool. Set aside.
9. Cut a piece of vellum 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″ and adhere to the back of the Crumb Cake die cut using glue dots around the edge. Roll the glue dots smaller if you need to so they won’t be seen through the vellum.
10. Lay (but DO NOT ADHERE) this over the colored back ground.
11. Stamp “thanks” in Old Olive on a scrap of Crumb Cake and die cut with the large square-ish die.
12. Using Versa Mark for a tone-on-tone style of stamping, stamp a small flower on a scrap of Old Olive, So Saffron, and Petal Pink. Stamp a few flowers right on the “thanks” die cut as well.
13. Adhere these to the front of the card.
14. Now turn the card over and put glue dots along the border of the piece. Then add Tear and Tape behind the sentiment and flowers to hold the vellum layer to the water color paper.
15. Adhere the pieces together. Using liquid glue now adhere this piece to the front of a Crumb Cake card base cut 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ and scored at 4 1/4″.
16. Add a piece of Basic White card stock 5 1/4″ x 4″ to the inside to write your message on.
You can see all the products I used to make this card listed at the very end of the post. Click on any thumbnail for more information or to shop. Thank you.
Remember to check out the posts listed below by clicking on the names of the demonstrators. You will not be disappointed. There is so much inspiration in this list.
Whimsy & Wonder STamp Camp
Registration is now open for the Whimsy & Wonder Stamp Camp. This is a collaborative effort of the Creativity Abounds group of Stampin’ Up! demonstrators from around the globe. This event will be held in an exclusive FaceBook group September 17 and September 18. (All presentations will be recorded and available forever!)
Do you need inspiration for your holiday cards? You will find that in this stamp camp! You will see at least 26 different designs and have everything you need to make 13 of them PREPARED for you!
Once you are registered, you will receive a card kit to make 13 different cards with the Whimsy & Wonder suite (p24-25 in the July-Dec Mini Catalog) along with written instructions and private YouTube videos demonstrating how to make those cards. In addition you will have access to an EXCLUSIVE FaceBook group where we will have 13 live presentations on September 17 -18, 2021. These live presentations will be recorded and available forever. (Some will be in less convenient time slots since we are dealing with so many time zones, but you can always watch a replay.) All in all, you will be inspired to create 26 different projects. All of this is FREE! Just purchase the bundle and we will do the rest!
Hw to register? Purchase the Whimsy & Wonder Suite Collection using this host code: QMXTMBEE. Just click here and you’ll be shopping with me and the host code will be entered for you! That’s all you need to do to register. I’ll take care of the rest.
Can I help you?
I would love to be your Stampin’ Up! demonstrator and help you on your creative journey. Shop with me here: shop ChatnCraft with Lorraine.
Want more tips, tricks and inspiration? Sign up for my weekly email here.
I’d love help you make beautiful cards and paper crafts at home. Sign up here if you need the latest catalog.
Anyone who shops with me receives a free tutorial bundle packed with project ideas and details. Here’s a sneak peek at the Whimsy & Wonder Bundle that I am currently giving away.
Join Stampin’ up!
During Sale-a-Bration (August 2- September 30, 2021) you can receive a FREE bundle when you JOIN Stampin’ Up! How do you join? You order a Starter Kit. A starter kit is nothing more than up to $125 worth of ANY PRODUCT you would like from ANY current catalog. You will pay ONLY $99 for this kit (20% discount) and shipping is FREE (another 10% savings) on your Starter Kit. Then just choose that free bundle I mentioned from the list below and you’ll be on your way to……enjoying at least a 20% discount every time you shop, learning about specials before they go public, and ordering before everyone else when there is a new catalog. If you have any questions please let me know!
Please email me if you have any questions or I can assist you in any way.
ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Shop my online store: lorrainetierney.stampinup.net
Send me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow me on FaceBook: ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Join our FaceBook Group: ChatnCraft Creations
Read my blog: ChatnCraftwithLorraine.com
Follow me on Pinterest: Chat’n’CraftLT
Subscribe to my Channel on YouTube: Chat’n’Craft with Lorraine Tierney