The Crafty Collaborations Team is comprised of Stampin’ Up! Demonstrators from around the world. Each month we participate in several collaborative projects, including Blog Hops, like this one, to inspire all of us in our passion for crafting. Our goal is to create, share, and inspire every crafter to keep our creative energy flowing.
Today’s blog hop is a color challenge. I love this type of challenge as it usually pushes me to combine colors that I don’t usually use together. This challenge is no different. I don’t think I’ve ever used these colors in combination.
Here’s our color challenge photo.
Here are the cards I created. This “circle switch” layout creates two cards at once.
It’s a simple little twist on a basic layout. Using the Stamparatus to ensure that the center of the rays are in the same place on both card fronts helps a lot. The Stylish Shapes circle (3rd largest) easily cut through both card fronts at once. Then the circles are switched! The sentiments are from the Sending Smiles stamp set. Do you prefer the “Sending” in a pop of Tahitian Tide and Pacific Point or the one in Daffodil Delight and Mango Melody?
INstructions for Sending Smiles and Rays of Light Card
- Place the Rays of Light stamp set in your stamparatus so that it is centered on a 5″ x 3 3/4″ piece of Daffodil Delight card stock. Stamp with Mango Melody ink.
- Tip: Trace the corners of your piece of card stock so you can place the Mango Melody piece in the exact same position.
- Repeat with a piece of Mango Melody card stock lining the paper up in the exact spot as before. Stamp with Mango Melody.
- Use the 3rd largest circle from the Stylish Shapes dies to cut a circle out of both card fronts at once. Remove the circles.
- Adhere each card front to a piece of Pacific Point card stock cut 5 1/4″ x 4″. Then adhere each of the matted card fronts to a Tahitian Tide card base cut 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ and scored at 4 1/4″.
- Use dimensionals to adhere the Mango Melody circle on the Daffodil Delight card front. Adhere the Daffodil Delight circle on the Mango Melody card front with dimensionals as well.
- Place an adhesive sheet on the back of a piece of Pacific Point card stock about 4″ x 2″. Die cut the word “Sending” from this. Remove the adhesive backing from the word before removing it from the die so as not to stretch it out of shape.
- Die cut the background for the word “Sending” in Tahitian Tide. Adhere the die cut “sending” onto this background. Use dimensionals on the right side of the word and glue on the left part and adhere to the lower edge of the Mango Melody circle.
- Die cut the background of the word “Sending” from a scrap of Daffodil Delight card stock. Then stamp with the word “sending” using Mango Melody ink. Adhere to the lower edge of the Daffodil Delight circle.
- Stamp “Sunshine to brighten your day” in Pacific Point ink on a scrap of Mango Melody and again on a scrap of Daffodil Delight. Trim to about 1/4″ wide. Adhere with a foam adhesive strip.
- Add three of the blue Fine Sparkle Adhesive-Backed Gems to each card.
- On a 5 1/4″ x 4″ piece of Basic White, stamp the larger full flower in Pacific Point and a smaller flower in Tahitian Tide in the lower left hand corner. Stamp a center for each flower in Mango Melody.
Want to see all the products used to create this project? Scroll to the bottom. Click on any thumbnail at the end of this post for more information or to purchase.
Be sure to “hop along” to the next blog so you can see how this color challenge inspired that demonstrator. I think you’ll be glad you did.
Can I help you?
I would love to be your Stampin’ Up! demonstrator and help you on your creative journey. Shop with me here: shop ChatnCraft with Lorraine.
Want more tips, tricks and inspiration? Sign up for my weekly email here.
I’d love help you make beautiful cards and paper crafts at home. Sign up here if you need the latest catalog.
Anyone who shops with me receives a free tutorial bundle packed with project ideas and details. Here’s a sneak peek at the Tutorial Bundle that I am currently giving away.
Here is the card that I made and for which instructions will be included in the tutorial.
Please email me if you have any questions or I can assist you in any way.
ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Shop my online store: lorrainetierney.stampinup.net
Send me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow me on FaceBook: ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Join our FaceBook Group: ChatnCraft Creations
Read my blog: ChatnCraftwithLorraine.com
Follow me on Pinterest: ChatnCraftwithLorraine
Subscribe to my Channel on YouTube: Chat’n’Craft with Lorraine Tierney