I love Tuesdays because I Zoom with a wonderful bunch of card makers every week. We’ve been meeting for almost 3 years! Of course, not everyone makes it every week but lots of folks are there almost every time. We would love it if YOU would join us sometime! Just check out my ChatnCraft with Lorraine FaceBook page on Monday afternoon for all the details. The Zoom link is posted on Tuesday afternoon.
Recently, I had a guest instructor. Robin showed us how to make this quilt card. We all loved it and because we all use different supplies, we got to see so many variations of it. Guess what? Each one was beautiful.
It was an easy card to make. The toughest part was trying to figure out which way to arrange the squares and triangles because they all look great.
Instructions for Quilt Card
- Cut a Balmy Blue card base 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ and score at 4 1/4″.
- Cut a Petal Pink square 4″ x 4″ and a Night of Navy square 3 3/4″ x 3 3/4″
- Choose a piece of Regency Park DSP that has Balmy Blue and Petal Pink and cut it to 3 1/2″ x 3 1/2″.
- Cut another piece of Regency Park DSP (or light colored card stock) to 2 1/2″ x 2 1/2″.
- Choose two more coordinating patterns and cut (2) 1 1/4″ x 1 1/4″ squares from each pattern.
- Choose one set of squares to cut into triangles. **See the video for a tip on cutting these.”
- Start by adhering the squares to the top and bottom of the 2 1/2″ diamond.
- Adhere this diamond to the 3 1/2″ square piece of DSP.
- Choose whether to put the triangles on the sides of the diamond (as in the photo above) or on the top and bottom of the diamond. Either layout is correct; choose the one you like better.
- Adhere this layer to the Night of Navy square and then the Petal Pink square.
- Emboss the layers with the Stitched Greenery die. (You may have to adjust your “sandwhich” in your die cutting machine as this is very thick.) ***See the video for tips on doing this.***
- Stamp your sentiment on a scrap of Basic White and then layer on Petal Pink and Night of Navy (Basic White is 1/2″ x 3 1/4″. Petal Pink 3/4″ x 3 1/2″ and Night of Navy is 1″ x 3 3/4″.)
- Add three Milky Dots to your sentiment.
Want to see all the products used to create this project? Scroll to the bottom. Click on any thumbnail at the end of this post for more information or to purchase.
Please click on another demonstrator in the list below and see what they have been working on. I know you won’t be disappointed!
Can I help you?
I would love to be your Stampin’ Up! demonstrator and help you on your creative journey. Shop with me here: shop ChatnCraft with Lorraine.
Want more tips, tricks and inspiration? Sign up for my weekly email here.
I’d love help you make beautiful cards and paper crafts at home. Sign up here if you need the latest catalog.
Anyone who shops with me receives a free tutorial bundle packed with project ideas and details. Here’s a sneak peek at the Tutorial Bundle that I am currently giving away.
Please email me if you have any questions or I can assist you in any way.
ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Shop my online store: lorrainetierney.stampinup.net
Send me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow me on FaceBook: ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Join our FaceBook Group: ChatnCraft Creations
Read my blog: ChatnCraftwithLorraine.com
Follow me on Pinterest: ChatnCraftwithLorraine
Subscribe to my Channel on YouTube: Chat’n’Craft with Lorraine Tierney