It’s time to play along with another Festive Friday Challenge. This time the theme was International Children’s Book Day (#FF0130). Children’s books are near and dear to my heart. I love to read and always read to my children. Now I spend hours every day reading with my grandson.
Here is the Inspiration list. To play along all you have to do is pick three items from the list to incorporate into your card. Your card does not have to relate to the theme of the challenge.
Here is another look at my card.
I chose patterned paper, bright colors, and splatters. My patterned paper is from the Fancy Flora paper pack and the sentiment is from the
Celebrating You stamp set. It’s one of my favorites for all the different occasions it covers. There is a very generous amount of Wink of Stella splattered on this card. I wish you could see the sparkles. This close up photo shows a few of them.
INstructions to Make the Rays of Light Easter Card
- Cut a card base of Highland Heather card stock 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ and score at 4 1/4″.
- Cut a mat of Gorgeous Grape card stock 5 1/8″ x 3 7/8″ and set a side.
- Place the Rays of Light stamp set in your Stamparatus. Do not place it too close to the inside edge.
- On a piece of Patterned Paper cut 3 3/4″ x 5″, stamp the Rays of Light with Gorgeous Grape ink.
- Mat the stamped image on the Gorgeous Grape piece.
- Splatter Wink of Stella all over the card front by “flicking” the brush on the inside edge of the cap.
- Adhere this piece to the card base.
- Stamp “Happy Easter” on a scrap of Basic White and punch with the smaller oval of the Double Oval punch. Punch out the larger, scalloped oval from a scrap of Gorgeous Grape. Adhere them together.
- Use dimensionals to adhere them to the front of the card.
- Adhere a Basic White mat (5 1/4″ x 4″ ) to the inside of the card.
Want to see all the products used to create this project? Scroll to the bottom. Click on any thumbnail at the end of this post for more information or to purchase.
Can I help you?
I would love to be your Stampin’ Up! demonstrator and help you on your creative journey. Shop with me here: shop ChatnCraft with Lorraine.
Want more tips, tricks and inspiration? Sign up for my weekly email here.
I’d love help you make beautiful cards and paper crafts at home. Sign up here if you need the latest catalog.
Anyone who shops with me receives a free tutorial bundle packed with project ideas and details. Here’s a sneak peek at the Tutorial Bundle that I am currently giving away.
Please email me if you have any questions or I can assist you in any way.
ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Shop my online store: lorrainetierney.stampinup.net
Send me an email: email@example.com
Follow me on FaceBook: ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Join our FaceBook Group: ChatnCraft Creations
Read my blog: ChatnCraftwithLorraine.com
Follow me on Pinterest: ChatnCraftwithLorraine
Subscribe to my Channel on YouTube: Chat’n’Craft with Lorraine Tierney