Welcome to the INK STAMP SHARE Monthly Hop! Today our theme is Christmas. I have a Quick and Fun Christmas Layout for you. This layout looks great with all the holiday papers and actually, works for any and all occasions.
I made both these cards with just ONE 3 1/4″ x 3 1/4″ square of patterned papers. For this card I paired a piece from the Garden Walk paper pack with Wild Wheat and Pretty Peacock. It is a bit non-traditional for Christmas but so pretty. One mat was embossed and one was left plain. Which do you prefer?
I must note: The Garden Walk papers will be retiring soon. I consider this a must have from the mini catalog! It has papers for all seasons.
That adorable card stock bow is from the Country Wreaths dies. It’s perfect for adding festivity without bulk. I couldn’t help but use gold heat embossing for that beautiful Merry Christmas sentiment. Gold and Wild Wheat work so well together.
Instructions for the Quick and fun Christmas layout
- Cut 2 card bases at 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ from Pretty Peacock card stock and score at 4 `1/4″.
- Cut 2 mats of Calypso Coral 3 3/8″ x 4 5/8″.
- Emboss the mats with the Distressed Brick embossing folder, if you’d like!
- Choose ONE 3 1/4″ square of the “Christmas flower” Garden Walk DSP, cut in half on the diagonal
- Adhere the triangle (1/2 of the 3 1/4″ square) onto one corner of the mat, leaving a small border of the mat showing.
- Adhere the mat centered on the card base.
- Use your embossing buddy to remove static from a 2 pieces of Pretty Peacock card stock about 2 3/4″ x 1 1/2″. Stamp sentiment from the Brightest Glow stamp set with VersaMark ink.
- Sprinkle with Gold Embossing Powder and melt with the heat tool.
- Die cut with the closest sized Deckled Rectangle. Make the die cut area smaller by moving the top or bottom edge of the die cut closer to the sentiment and running it through your machine again.
- Die cut 2 bows using the bow die from the Country Wreath dies and scraps of Sweet Sorbet card stock.
- Adhere a piece of Basic White 5 1/4″ x 4″ to the inside
- Now repeat for the second card and you’ve made two cards quickly!
Want to see all the products used to create this project? Scroll to the bottom. Click on any thumbnail at the end of this post for more information or to purchase.
Here are a few more cards I made with the same layout. It is so much fun, you can’t stop!
I actually made a couple of these cards on a FaceBook Live. You can see the replay here.
Please click on the next name on the list and continue to be inspired by the amazing projects created by these demonstrators. I know you will not be disappointed.
Can I help you?
I would love to be your Stampin’ Up! demonstrator and help you on your creative journey. Shop with me here: shop ChatnCraft with Lorraine.
Want more tips, tricks and inspiration? Sign up for my weekly email here.
I’d love help you make beautiful cards and paper crafts at home. Sign up here if you need the latest catalog.
Anyone who shops with me receives a free tutorial bundle packed with project ideas and details. Here’s a sneak peek at the Tutorial Bundle that I am currently giving away.
Please email me if you have any questions or I can assist you in any way.
ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Shop my online store: lorrainetierney.stampinup.net
Send me an email: email@example.com
Follow me on FaceBook: ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Join our FaceBook Group: ChatnCraft Creations
Read my blog: ChatnCraftwithLorraine.com
Follow me on Pinterest: ChatnCraftwithLorraine
Subscribe to my Channel on YouTube: Chat’n’Craft with Lorraine Tierney