It’s time for Creativity Abounds Blog Hop. We are a group of Stampin’ Up! demonstrators from around the world- all with different styles- who hope to inspire you to create beautiful cards and send them to friends and family.
This month our theme is … Christmas! I’m sure that’s not surprising as it’s time to start planning and making those homemade Christmas cards that make your friends and family smile! Here’s my Pocket Fold Christmas Card!
Don’t be fooled! This isn’t a traditional card base… the card base is just a piece of card stock. Most of the card is made from a piece of patterned paper. When you open the card it looks like this:
Isn’t that pocket great? That’s a Pocket Fold Christmas card. It’s perfect for holding a photo or gift card! You can adhere the white paper and write your greeting in the available space or just tuck the white piece into the pocket and remove it to write on it and read it. So many possibilities! It’s great to have a Christmas card with so many options.
Instructions for the Pocket Fold Card
- Cut a Mossy Meadow rectangle (card base) 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″.
- Choose a patterned paper from the Heartwarming Hugs pack and cut it to 5 1/4″ x 12. Score it at 4″ and 8″.
- Fold the bottom rectangle up and into the middle. Fold the top rectangle down and over the middle. Burnish your folds.
- Next make your diagonal cut. Hold the top flap up and open. Looking at the flap that is folded up from the bottom note that you want your cut to go from the top left corner to the bottom right corner at the fold line. Mark that top left corner with a faint pencil mark.
- Place that top left corner in the channel of your cutter and line up the fold line on the bottom right in the bottom part of the channel. (Make sure your paper is the correct side up. )
- Cut off the triangle.
- Adhere the triangle closed by using a thin line of liquid glue only on the left straight edge.
- Cut a piece of Basic White 3 3/4″ x 5″ and stamp Season’s Greetings from the Christmas to Remember stamp set in Mossy Meadow ink. Insert into the pocket.
- If adding a gift card attach it to this piece with a glue dot.
- Die cut a Real Red rectangle using the largest Stitched So Sweetly dies.
- Stamp “Friends like…” in Mossy Meadow on a scrap of Basic White. Die cut with the largest label from the Stitched So Sweetly dies. Layer this on the red rectangle.
- Die cut 2 large trees and 2 small trees from the Cabin Dies on a scrap of Mossy Meadow card stock. Pop three trees (1 large and 2 small) on dimensionals on the front of the card.
- Adhere one large tree on the inside pocket.
- Add 3 red Wonderful Gems to the front of the card.
All of the products used to make this card are listed at the end of the post. Click on any thumbnail for more information or to purchase.
Hop on Over to the Next BLog
Don’t forget to check out the awesome Christmas ideas created by our design team.
Can I help you?
I would love to be your Stampin’ Up! demonstrator and help you on your creative journey. Shop with me here: shop ChatnCraft with Lorraine.
Want more tips, tricks and inspiration? Sign up for my weekly email here.
I’d love help you make beautiful cards and paper crafts at home. Sign up here if you need the latest catalog.
Anyone who shops with me receives a free tutorial bundle packed with project ideas and details. Here’s a sneak peek at the Whimsy & Wonder Bundle that I am currently giving away.
Please email me if you have any questions or I can assist you in any way.
ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Shop my online store: lorrainetierney.stampinup.net
Send me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow me on FaceBook: ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Join our FaceBook Group: ChatnCraft Creations
Read my blog: ChatnCraftwithLorraine.com
Follow me on Pinterest: ChatnCraftwithLorraine
Subscribe to my Channel on YouTube: Chat’n’Craft with Lorraine Tierney