The Pinwheel Tower card is a fun, new fun-fold that is really very simple to make. Making the pinwheel base is straight forward and then you just add your patterned paper to the card stock. Here’s a short video that shows all sides of the card.
Card Recipe for Pinwheel Tower Card
- Basic Gray card stock for Card Base: 4 1/4″ x 5 3/4″ AND (3) 4 1/4″ x 2 3/4″ pieces (4 pieces total for the base.)
- Basic Gray card stock 2″ x 7″ and cut two of the 2nd smallest scalloped rectangle from the Scallop Contour dies.
- Basic White (2) 2 1/2″ x 4″
- Beautifully Penned (Free Sale-a-bration pack of paper): (4) 1 3/4″ x 4″ and (2) 2 1/2″ x 4″ (These can be the same pattern or any combination of different patterns.
- Polished pink scraps for flowers
- Place the 5 3/4″ side of the Basic Gray card base along the top edge of your trimmer and score the paper at 3/4″, 1 1/2″, 2 1/4″, and 3″. Burnish the fold lines.
- Assemble the “box” that will hold each of the sides of the pinwheel as shown in the video below.
- Next adhere the 3 larger pieces of Basic Gray card stock. Attach one piece to each side of the “box.” Starting with the base on the left and adding each piece in a counter clockwise direction.
- Now adhere the 4 smaller pieces of patterned paper to the 4 smaller sides.
- Adhere 2 larger pieces of patterned paper to 2 larger sides. Make sure the two sides are opposite each other.
- Decorate your two pieces of Basic white with images and sentiments. Don’t adhere the piece you will “sign” until you’ve written it out.
- Adhere your die cuts to the scalloped mats and place one on each of the large patterned paper sides.
- Your Pinwheel Tower card is now complete!
I hope you have been inspired to give this fun fold a try! It’s really a lot of fun and once you make one, you can create one rather quickly.
Whimsy & Wonder Stamp camp
Registration is now open for the Whimsy & Wonder Stamp Camp. This is a collaborative effort of the Creativity Abounds group of Stampin’ Up! demonstrators from around the globe.
To register, purchase the Whimsy & Wonder Suite Collection using this host code: QMXTMBEE. Just click here and you’ll be shopping with me and the host code will be entered for you!
After you make your purchase, you will receive a card kit with supplies (other than those included in the suite collection) to make 13 different card with the Whimsy & Wonder suite (p24-25 in the July-Dec Mini Catalog) along with private YouTube videos demonstrating how to make those cards. In addition you will have access to an EXCLUSIVE FaceBook group where we will have 13 live presentations on September 17 -18, 2021. These live presentations will be recorded and available forever. (Some FB lives will be in less convenient time slots since we are dealing with so many time zones, but you can always watch a replay.) The card kit and access to the FaceBook lives are all FREE with the purchase of the suite. You will have 26 projects ready to go at no additional cost to you!
To register, purchase the Whimsy & Wonder Suite Collection using this host code: QMXTMBEE. Just click here and you’ll be shopping with me and the host code will be entered for you! (If you already own the suite, order $80.25 of any product using the same host code.)
Taking care of business
Want more tips, tricks and inspiration? Sign up for my weekly email here.
Do you live in the USA? I’d love to be your Stampin’ Up! demonstrator and help you make cards at home. Please let me know how I can help. Need a catalog? Click here.
Anyone who shops with me will receive a free tutorial bundle at the end of the month. Here’s a sneak peek at this month’s bundle. This bundle focus on the non- Christmas products in the new mini catalog!
Please email me if you have any questions or I can assist you in any way.
ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Shop my online store: lorrainetierney.stampinup.net
Send me an email: email@example.com
Follow me on FaceBook: ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Join our FaceBook Group: ChatnCraft Creations
Read my blog: ChatnCraftwithLorraine.com
Follow me on Pinterest: Chat’n’CraftLT
Subscribe to my Channel on YouTube: Chat’n’Craft with Lorraine Tierney