This month our Creativity Abounds Blog hop theme is “ANYTHING BUT CHRISTMAS” from the July-December Mini Catalog. My first thought was use the Peaceful Cabin bundle for a non-holiday card. I love this bundle as cabins, woods, and mountains are just a few of my favorite things. I think this card looks like a perfect spring or summer day. You may recall that Creativity Abounds is a group of Stampin’ Up! demos from around the world- all with different styles- so please visit the other blogs for lots of inspiration.
Instructions for Peaceful Cabin Card
- Cut a card base 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″ from Balmy Blue card stock. Fold and burnish.
- Using a scrap of card stock and the Basic Borders dies, cut the “bubbly” or “cloud-like” border from a piece of scrap paper.
- Using the top piece cut by the border die, place it on the top of the folded card base and blend white craft ink onto the card base using a blender brush. (See photo below.)
- Use Garden Green ink to stamp the three trees on a piece of Very Vanilla card stock. Die cut with the corresponding die. Place (but do not adhere yet) on the card front.
- Cut out the outline only of the cabin on Sahara Sand card stock. Place the cabin on the card front with the trees peeking out from behind it.
- Cut the detailed cabin from a piece of Soft Suede card stock. Adhere it to the Sahara Sand cabin.
- Cut a second detailed cabin from a large enough piece of Garden Green card stock so you will have a 4 1/4″ x 1 1/2″ border at the bottom. Cut the cabin away from this piece so that it can be layered onto the bottom of the Soft Suede cabin.
- Wrap Crumb Cake Baker’s Twine around the Garden Green base several times and tie a bow.
- Die cut 3 individual trees from Garden Green scraps. Arrange beside the cabin and other trees.
- Carefully adhere all the pieces in place.
- Stamp “wishing you the best” on a scrap of Very Vanilla card stock. Cut with the smallest Stitched So Sweetly rectangular die and pop it up with dimensionals on the front of the card.
- Now decide who you will send it to and let it bring them smiles!
This Peaceful Cabin bundle will be one of those sets you reach for often to make both holiday and non-holiday cards. It really is so versatile.
Now, click on the links below to hop on over to another blog and see more inspiration for products from the mini catalog. I’m sure you’ll find several you will want to make!
Whimsy & Wonder Stamp Camp
Read about an opportunity you WILL NOT want to miss!
Registration is now open for the Whimsy & Wonder Stamp Camp. This is a collaborative effort of the Creativity Abounds group of Stampin’ Up! demonstrators from around the globe.
Once you are registered, you will receive a card kit to make 13 different cards with the Whimsy & Wonder suite (p24-25 in the July-Dec Mini Catalog) along with written instructions and private YouTube videos demonstrating how to make those cards. In addition you will have access to an EXCLUSIVE FaceBook group where we will have 13 live presentations on September 17 -18, 2021. These live presentations will be recorded and available forever. (Some will be in less convenient time slots since we are dealing with so many time zones, but you can always watch a replay.) All in all, you will be inspired to create 26 different projects. All of this is FREE! Just purchase the bundle and we will do the rest!
To register, purchase the Whimsy & Wonder Suite Collection using this host code: QMXTMBEE. Just click here and you’ll be shopping with me and the host code will be entered for you!
Can I help you?
Live in the USA and need a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator? I’d love to help you to create beautiful cards at home. Sign up here if you need the latest catalog!
Anyone who shops with me receives a free tutorial bundle packed with project ideas and details. Here’s a sneak peek of the Anything But Christmas Bundle that I’ll be giving away this month.
Please email me if you have any questions or I can assist you in any way.
ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Shop my online store: lorrainetierney.stampinup.net
Send me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow me on FaceBook: ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Join our FaceBook Group: ChatnCraft Creations
Read my blog: ChatnCraftwithLorraine.com
Follow me on Pinterest: ChatnCraftwithLorraine
Subscribe to my Channel on YouTube: Chat’n’Craft with Lorraine Tierney