The Crafty Collaborations Team is comprised of Stampin’ Up! Demonstrators from around the world. Each month we participate in several collaborative projects, including Blog Hops, like this one to inspire all of us in our passion for crafting. Our goal is to create, share, and inspire every crafter to keep our creative energy flowing.
Today it is time to highlight a technique. All the posts in this hop will use scoring techniques.
I have chosen to use the large Peace on Earth stamp from the the Thinking Thanks & Peace Stamp set. I love a large sentiment stamp. It is perfect being the focal point of a card. The scoring around it creates a nice frame, don’t you think?
Instructions for Peace on Earth Card
- Begin with an 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ card base, scored at 4 1/4″.
- Also cut a piece of Thick Basic White to 5 1/4″ x 4″.
- Using your score board or your trimmer to do the scoring. For the score board, score on the left and right side 1/4″ and 1/2″ from the side. Then rotate 90° and repeat.
- On your trimmer, use the scoring blade (you may want to remove the cutting blade to prevent accidental cutting) to score at 1/4″. DO NOT MOVE YOUR PAPER. Then use your Take Your Pick tool with the scoring stylus inserted. Using the large stylus, go over the line you just scored with the scoring blade – keep the score line in the “channel” to guide your scoring. This will make the scoring more pronounced.
- Now score at 1/2″ with the scoring blade and then the large stylus. Turn your paper 90° and repeat for all 4 sides.
- Now turn your white paper OVER. You want the score lines to “bump up” so they will be more visible. Stamp your “Peace on Earth” image in Real Red in the center of the framed area.
- Add three of the Real Red Wonderful Gems to the front and you’ve made an easy peasy holiday card.
Here’s another Peace on Earth card with a bit of scoring to add detail. This one uses a book fold.
On this card, I used my Soft Succulent Stampin’ Blends to color the clear Wonderful Gems to match the card. The inside has just the dove stamped in the lower right hand corner. Use your Stampin’ Write marker to “ink” the dove only and then stamp.
All of the products used in these cards are listed at at the end of the post. Click on a thumbnail for more information or to order.
Please click on the names below and check out all of the creative projects you can make with various scoring techniques.
Can I help you?
I would love to be your Stampin’ Up! demonstrator and help you on your creative journey. Shop with me here: shop ChatnCraft with Lorraine.
Want more tips, tricks and inspiration? Sign up for my weekly email here.
I’d love help you make beautiful cards and paper crafts at home. Sign up here if you need the latest catalog.
Anyone who shops with me receives a free tutorial bundle packed with project ideas and details. Here’s a sneak peek at the Whimsy & Wonder Bundle that I am currently giving away.
Please email me if you have any questions or I can assist you in any way.
ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Shop my online store: lorrainetierney.stampinup.net
Send me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow me on FaceBook: ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Join our FaceBook Group: ChatnCraft Creations
Read my blog: ChatnCraftwithLorraine.com
Follow me on Pinterest: Chat’n’CraftLT
Subscribe to my Channel on YouTube: Chat’n’Craft with Lorraine Tierney