It’s always fun to participate in the Crafty Challenge Blog Hop. This month the challenge was to create a card inspired by a card sketch. Here is the Party Puffins Birthday card that I created.
Party Puffins is a fun, bold stamp set that makes it easy to create a birthday card. I paired the Puffin up with a black and white pattern from the Pattern Party pack of paper that can only be purchased with Stampin’ Rewards. It’s a great pack of paper with black and white designs on one side and colorful patterns on the other. (If you don’t know about Stampin’ Rewards, please ask. Briefly, they are “free money” to spend…10% of any order over $150.)
I almost forgot to show you the sketch that was used as the starting point of this card. Here it is:
As you can see, I didn’t follow the sketch exactly. I used the four rectangles and replaced the heart with a layered circle and moved the sentiment off-center a bit. It’s so okay to adapt the sketch to fit your vision. I really recommend starting with a sketch as it can be so much fun.
Instructions for party Puffins Birthday card
- Cut a Pool Party card base 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ and score at 4 1/4″. Fold and burnish.
- Cut a Basic Black mat 5 1/4″ x 4″.
- Cut 4 pieces of black and white patterned paper 1 3/4″ x 2 3/8″.
- Adhere to the black mat as shown.
- Adhere the mat to the front of the card base.
- Using the 2nd largest Layering Circle die, cut a circle from Pool Party card stock.
- Using the 3rd largest Layering Circle die, cut a circle from Basic White.
- Stamp the puffin with the party hat using Memento ink onto the Basic White circle.
- Color with Light and Dark Pool Party Stampin’ Blends on the hat. Use Dark Mango Melody on his beak and feet.
- Layer and adhere the circles together. Pop them up on the front of the card.
- Cut a 1/2″ x 2 3/4″ strip of Basic Black.
- Using white embossing powder, heat emboss “Happy Birthday” on the black card stock.
- With a dimensional at either end of the strip, lay it across the bottom of the circle.
- Add three Artistry Blooms Adhesive Back Sequins to the front.
- On a piece of Basic White cut 5 1/4″ x 4″, stamp “Make a Wish” in Memento ink. Adhere to the inside of the card.
- Stamp the birthday cake on a scrap of white. Color with Pool Party and Mango Melody Stampin’ Blends and fussy cut out.
- Using dimensionals, adhere the birthday cake to the inside of the card just below the “Make a Wish.”
Do you need any supplies to make this card at home? View all the products at the end of this post and click on any thumbnail for more information or to shop!
Remember this is a blog. You are at “Lorraine Tierney ChatnCraft with Lorraine.” Please hop on to the next blog and check out all of the wonderful cards inspired by this sketch. You won’t be disappointed.
Whimsy & Wonder Stamp camp
Registration is now open for the Whimsy & Wonder Stamp Camp. This is a collaborative effort of the Creativity Abounds group of Stampin’ Up! demonstrators from around the globe.
Once you are registered, you will receive a card kit to make 13 different cards with the Whimsy & Wonder suite (p24-25 in the July-Dec Mini Catalog) along with written instructions and private YouTube videos demonstrating how to make those cards. In addition you will have access to an EXCLUSIVE FaceBook group where we will have 13 live presentations on September 17 -18, 2021. These live presentations will be recorded and available forever. (Some will be in less convenient time slots since we are dealing with so many time zones, but you can always watch a replay.) All in all, you will be inspired to create 26 different projects. All of this is FREE! Just purchase the bundle and we will do the rest!
To register, purchase the Whimsy & Wonder Suite Collection using this host code: QMXTMBEE. Just click here and you’ll be shopping with me and the host code will be entered for you!
Can I help You?
Live in the USA and need a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator? I’d love to help you to create beautiful cards at home. Sign up here if you need the latest catalog!
Anyone who shops with me receives a free tutorial bundle packed with project ideas and details. Here’s a sneak peek of the Anything But Christmas Bundle that I’ll be giving away this month.
Please email me if you have any questions or I can assist you in any way.
ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Shop my online store: lorrainetierney.stampinup.net
Send me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow me on FaceBook: ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Join our FaceBook Group: ChatnCraft Creations
Read my blog: ChatnCraftwithLorraine.com
Follow me on Pinterest: Chat’n’CraftLT
Subscribe to my Channel on YouTube: Chat’n’Craft with Lorraine Tierney