Welcome to the Ink Stamp Share Blog hop. Today we are posting our creations that are inspired by this sketch!
I love the combination of the horizontal lines and the circle! But…..I found I needed to change the card to “portrait” orientation to work with the sketch. Remember, that’s okay. A sketch is just a starting point! Here’s what I created.
The Inked Botanicals paper pack has the best colors for summer. I am loving that Lost Lagoon is back with us! I have had the Nested Friends Stamp set for a while but this is the first time I’ve used it. I think Pecan Pie is the perfect brown for the nest, too.
Instructions for the Nested Friends Sketch Challenge
- Cut a Lost Lagoon card base 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ and score at 4 1/4″. Burnish the fold.
- Cut a mat of Lost Lagoon 5 1/4″ x 4″ and run it through your Stampin’ Cut & Emboss machine with the “cross hatch” embossing folder from the Basics 3D Embossing Folders collection.
- Cut a strip 1/2″ x 5 1/4″ of 3 different patterns from the Inked Botanicals paper pack. Adhere these to the left side of the embossed mat leaving about a 1/2″ border on the left. Adhere to the card front.
- Use the largest Stitched Shapes circle to die cut a piece of Daffodil Delight card stock. Adhere to the card as pictured.
- Stamp a nest on a piece of Pecan Pie card stock using Pecan Pie ink. Color the leaves with the Dark Lost Lagoon Stampin’ Blend and the small flowers with the Light Calypso Coral Stampin’ Blend. Cut with the coordinating die.
- Die cut the “sticks” part of the nest from Pecan Pie card stock. Adhere to the nest.
- Die cut 3 eggs and three sets of the largest leaves in Lost Lagoon. Adhere to the stamped nest. **tip: For the leaves, squirt a drop of liquid glue on your silicone mat and very lightly dab the underside of the leaf in the glue to pick up just a dab!**
- Use dimensionals to adhere the nest to the circle.
- Stamp “thank you” in Pecan Pie on a scrap of Lost Lagoon and die cut with the smallest Deckled Rectangle die. You will need to adjust the size of the die cut by cutting a second time similar to this photo. Different sentiment but same idea.
- Adhere the “thank you” to the card front with glue on the left and two “stacked” dimensionals on the right.
- Add three Wild Wheat (yes, they look more like Daffodil Delight or Crushed Curry on the Lost Lagoon) around the nest.
- Add a 1/2″ x 5 1/4″ strip of a 4th pattern of Inked Botanicals paper to a 5 1/4″ x 4″ mat of Very Vanilla. Then adhere to the inside of the card.
Want to see all the products used to create this project? Scroll to the bottom. Click on any thumbnail at the end of this post for more information or to purchase.
Join me and the Creativity Abounds team for our ON LINE Fresh as a Daisy Stamp Camp. Purchase the Fresh As a Daisy Suite Collection (item # 161301 for $73.50) as shown on p. 110 of the 2023-2024 Annual catalog as well as the In Color Jute trim (item #161637 for $8.00) from me and you will automatically be registered for our Fresh as A Daisy Stamp Camp on July 7 & 8, 2023. THE STAMP CAMP IS FREE!
This event is held live in an exclusive FaceBook group and will be available to watch forever. Included in the stamp camp are 13 “make and take” card kits. You will get all supplies not included in the Fresh as a Daisy Suite collection (cut and prepped) along with video AND written instructions to make 13 projects. During the Stamp Camp we will present 13 additional projects “live” that you can make on your own at a later date.
The only cost for the Stamp Camp is purchase of the Fresh as a Daisy Suite Collection. Please use this link to purchase in order to ensure your registration. Just add the In Color Jute (#161637 to your order and you’ll be all set.)
Can I help you?
I would love to be your Stampin’ Up! demonstrator and help you on your creative journey. Shop with me here: shop ChatnCraft with Lorraine.
Want more tips, tricks and inspiration? Sign up for my weekly email here.
I’d love help you make beautiful cards and paper crafts at home. Sign up here if you need the latest catalog.
Anyone who shops with me receives a free tutorial bundle packed with project ideas and details. Here’s a sneak peek at the Tutorial Bundle that I am currently giving away.
Please email me if you have any questions or I can assist you in any way.
ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Shop my online store: lorrainetierney.stampinup.net
Send me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow me on FaceBook: ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Join our FaceBook Group: ChatnCraft Creations
Read my blog: ChatnCraftwithLorraine.com
Follow me on Pinterest: ChatnCraftwithLorraine
Subscribe to my Channel on YouTube: Chat’n’Craft with Lorraine Tierney