Bendy or Bendi? I’m not sure as I’ve seen both spellings on Pinterest. Whatever you call it, this Mini Bendy Fold card is such a pleasant surprise. It looks challenging to make, but much like many cards, it’s not difficult at all. The Mini Bendy card above uses the Hey, Birthday Chick bundle and the one pictured below uses the Snail Mail paper pack. The Hey Birthday Chick die cut pieces were colored with Stampin’ Blends.
Once you make this card, you will be hooked. And, I almost forgot to tell you, it fits in a regular card envelope!
INstructions for Mini Bendy card
- Cut the following pieces of paper. **Note that the 1 x 5 1/4″ piece is patterned paper, not card stock.**
- Score the 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ piece of card stock at 2 3/4″. Fold on the score line and then open.
- Adhere the 4 x 2 1/2″ pieces of patterned paper to this piece, one on either side of the fold. (This will be called the card base for this card.)
- Score the 2 x 4 1/2″ piece of card stock at 1/2″, 2 1/4″, and 4″. Fold on the score lines.
- With the two 1/2″ flaps folded to the back, place this piece on the card base, lining up the center score lines on each other. This should also line up with the bottom. THIS PIECE SHOULD BE PLACED WITH THE FOLD TENTING UPWARDS…the opposite of the card base.
- Add a bit of liquid glue to each flap and glue in place.
- Add your die cuts or fussy cut pieces to this piece now, before adding the next piece of card stock which will limit your access.
- Score the 1 1/4″ 6 1/2″ piece of card stock (with the long side at the top of the trimmer/scorer ) at 1/2″ from each end.
- Adhere the long thin piece of patterned paper centered between the score lines.
- Now, open the card base flat and adhere this piece with liquid glue on each flap, lining up the right and left edge as well as the bottom.
- Adhere your die cuts or fussy cut pieces to this curved piece.
- Stamp a sentiment and/or image on one or both of the basic white pieces of card stock and adhere to the back.
All of the products used to make this card will be displayed at the end of the blog post. Click on any thumbnail to see details about the product or to purchase.
whimsy & Wonder Stamp camp
Registration is now open for the Whimsy & Wonder Stamp Camp. This is a collaborative effort of the Creativity Abounds group of Stampin’ Up! demonstrators from around the globe. This event will be held in an exclusive FaceBook group September 17 and September 18. (All presentations will be recorded and available forever!)
Do you need inspiration for your holiday cards? You will find that in this stamp camp! You will see at least 26 different designs and have everything you need to make 13 of them PREPARED for you!
Once you are registered, you will receive a card kit to make 13 different cards with the Whimsy & Wonder suite (p24-25 in the July-Dec Mini Catalog) along with written instructions and private YouTube videos demonstrating how to make those cards. In addition you will have access to an EXCLUSIVE FaceBook group where we will have 13 live presentations on September 17 -18, 2021. These live presentations will be recorded and available forever. (Some will be in less convenient time slots since we are dealing with so many time zones, but you can always watch a replay.) All in all, you will be inspired to create 26 different projects. All of this is FREE! Just purchase the bundle and we will do the rest!
Hw to register? Purchase the Whimsy & Wonder Suite Collection using this host code: QMXTMBEE. Just click here and you’ll be shopping with me and the host code will be entered for you! That’s all you need to do to register. I’ll take care of the rest. Registration closes September 5, 2021.
Can I help you?
I would love to be your Stampin’ Up! demonstrator and help you on your creative journey. Shop with me here: shop ChatnCraft with Lorraine.
Want more tips, tricks and inspiration? Sign up for my weekly email here.
I’d love help you make beautiful cards and paper crafts at home. Sign up here if you need the latest catalog.
Anyone who shops with me receives a free tutorial bundle packed with project ideas and details. Here’s a sneak peek at the Whimsy & Wonder Bundle that I am currently giving away.
Please email me if you have any questions or I can assist you in any way.
ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Shop my online store: lorrainetierney.stampinup.net
Send me an email: email@example.com
Follow me on FaceBook: ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Join our FaceBook Group: ChatnCraft Creations
Read my blog: ChatnCraftwithLorraine.com
Follow me on Pinterest: Chat’n’CraftLT
Subscribe to my Channel on YouTube: Chat’n’Craft with Lorraine Tierney