The Crafty Collaborations Team is comprised of Stampin’ Up! Demonstrators from around the world. Each month we participate in several collaborative projects, including Blog Hops, like this one, to inspire all of us in our passion for crafting. Our goal is to create, share, and inspire every crafter to keep our creative energy flowing.
Today’s Technique Tuesday topic is punches! I love the ease of using punches on my cards. I have lots of punches but my most used punches are definitely circle punches. Here’s a quick and easy card using circles.
This card is perfect for using up scraps of card stock or patterned paper but the real star of this card is the Gold Adhesive Backed Glimmer paper. Before I adhered the gold piece to the card base, I die cut with a die from the Magical Meadow bundle and punched a couple of circles out. You wouldn’t want to leave all that sparkle under the mat when you can use it without anyone knowing that you did! Gold heat embossing adds just a bit more sparkle to the card as well.
The 1 3/4″ and 2″ circle punches were used in this card. These are not found in any catalog. You can see them in the Online Exclusives section of my website.
Instructions for merry christmas glimmer card
- Cut a Mossy Meadow card base 11″ x 4 1/4. Score at 5 1/2″. Decorate it with fold on the left hand side.
- Cut a piece of Gold Adhesive Backed glimmer paper 5 1/4″ x 4″. Die cut using the Magical Meadow die shown in the photo and punch a couple of circles with the 1 3/4″ circle punch. Make sure you leave a border around the edge.
- Remove the “release paper” and adhere to the card base.
- Run a 5 1/4″ x 4″ piece of Very Vanilla card stock through the Circle folder of the Cheery Patterns embossing folder. Adhere to the card base.
- Punch a 1 3/4″ circle from Mossy Meadow, Real Red, and Old Olive card stock.
- Punch one circle from the Beary Christmas paper.
- Arrange your circles on the Very Vanilla piece as shown.
- Use your 2″ circle punch to punch a Vellum card stock circle.
- Die cut an evergreen sprig with the appropriate die from Magical Meadow bundle from a scrap of Old Olive.
- Attach the evergreen die cut on the Vellum circle using a couple of “rolled” glue dots.
- Remove the release paper from the Gold Glimmer die cut and lay over the evergreen spring. Press to adhere to evergreen and the circle.
- Turn over the Vellum circle and add glue dots behind the sprigs so they won’t be seen from the front. Adhere to the card front.
- Heat emboss “Merry Christmas” from the Beary Cute stamp set on a scrap of Real Red and then die cut with a thin banner die from Stylish Shapes.
- Adhere the banner to the front with dimensionals.
- Add three gold dots from the Festive Pearls. (There are red, green, gold and silver pearls!)
- On another 5 1/4″ x 4″ piece of Very Vanilla, adhere a 3/8″ x 4″ piece of Gold Adhesive Backed Glimmer paper to the left hand edge.
- Using Mossy Meadow ink, stamp “hoping your Christmas shines bright with the love of family and friends” from the Brightest Glow stamp set. Adhere to the inside.
Want to see all the products used to create this project? Scroll to the bottom. Click on any thumbnail at the end of this post for more information or to purchase.
Please click on the next name on the list and continue to be inspired by the amazing projects created by this design team. I know you will not be disappointed.
Winter Meadow FREE Stamp Camp will be here before you know it! It all happens in an exclusive FaceBook group on October 20-21!
Want to join us? It’s easy. Just purchase the Winter Meadow Suite ($96.50)** from me and you will receive the stamp camp for free. Stamp Camp includes a package mailed to you that contains everything you need (except what’s in the suite) to make 13 cards, a PDF tutorial with step by step instructions as well as videos demonstrating those cards, and the fun of watching 13 LIVE demonstrations of ADDITIONAL PROJECTS from 13 demonstrators from around the world in our exclusive FaceBook group on October 20-21, 2023. These events are recorded and will be available for replay forever.
Click this link to order (with the necessary host code added for you)- Winter Meadow Suite!
**If you have already purchased the suite from yourself or someone else, just purchase an equal amount of product from me. Then please email me (email@example.com) to let me know you’d like to be in the Winter Meadow stamp camp. **
Here is what is included in the Winter Meadow Suite:
MAGICAL MEADOW CLING STAMP SET (10% off)
* 9 cling stamps
* Suggested clear blocks (sold separately): c, d, e
MAGICAL MEADOW DIES (10% off)
* 13 dies
* Largest die: 1-5/8″ x 3-5/8″ (4.1 x 9.2 cm)
* Use with a Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine
* Compatible with the Mini Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine
WINTER MEADOW 12″ X 12″ (30.5 X 30.5 CM) DESIGNER SERIES PAPER
* 12 sheets of patterned paper: 2 each of 12 double-sided designs
SNOWFLAKE MAGIC 12″ X 12″ (30.5 X 30.5 CM) SPECIALTY DESIGNER SERIES PAPER
* 6 sheets of patterned paper: 2 each of 3 single-sided designs
* Product colors: Lost Lagoon, Pool Party, silver
SILVER & WHITE 1/2″ (1.3 CM) SHEER RIBBON
* Width: 1/2″ (1.3 cm)
* Length: 10 yards (9.1 m)
FACETED GEMS TRIO PACK
* 75 gems: 25 each of 3 colors
* 6 mm
* Adhesive backed
* Lost Lagoon, Smoky Slate, white
I look forward to you joining our Winter Meadow Free Stamp Camp!
Can I help you?
I would love to be your Stampin’ Up! demonstrator and help you on your creative journey. Shop with me here: shop ChatnCraft with Lorraine.
Want more tips, tricks and inspiration? Sign up for my weekly email here.
I’d love help you make beautiful cards and paper crafts at home. Sign up here if you need the latest catalog.
Anyone who shops with me receives a free tutorial bundle packed with project ideas and details. Here’s a sneak peek at the Tutorial Bundle that I am currently giving away.
Here is the card that I made and for which instructions will be included in the tutorial.
Please email me if you have any questions or I can assist you in any way.
ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Shop my online store: lorrainetierney.stampinup.net
Send me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow me on FaceBook: ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Join our FaceBook Group: ChatnCraft Creations
Read my blog: ChatnCraftwithLorraine.com
Follow me on Pinterest: ChatnCraftwithLorraine
Subscribe to my Channel on YouTube: Chat’n’Craft with Lorraine Tierney