The Crafty Collaborations Team is comprised of Stampin’ Up! Demonstrators from around the world. Each month we participate in several collaborative projects, including Blog Hops, like this one, to inspire all of us in our passion for crafting. Our goal is to create, share, and inspire every crafter to keep our creative energy flowing.
Today our theme is the awesome November Online Exclusives! These items were just released on November 7 and are not available in any catalog. You can see all the items that were released here.
I chose to use the Meandering Meadow suite to create this Hinge Fold card. I just love this fun fold.
I think its name “Hinge Fold” is pretty self-explanatory. You can see how it hinges off the right hand side. I like to make a small spot to tuck in the left side of the hinge so the card stays closed when it’s removed from the envelope.
The Meandering Meadow DSP is just so beautiful! I love this layout because you can make two of these cards from one piece of 6″ x 6″ paper.
Here is the inside of the card.
Instructions for Meandering Meadow Hinge fold
- Cut a 7 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ Melon Mambo card base and score at 4 1/4″.
- Use the largest Nested Essentials die to cut the “hinge” from Melon Mambo paper.
- Use the 2nd largest Nested Essentials die to cut a piece of Basic White. Set aside.
- On the small front flap of the card base, adhere a piece of Starry Sky card stock cut 5 1/4″ x 3″ being careful to apply adhesive only around the edge of the card stock.
- Adhere a piece of Meandering Meadows DSP cut 5″ x 2 3/4″ to the mat. Again, apply adhesive only to the edges.
- Score the Melon Mambo Nested Essentials shape at 3 3/8″. Adhere the small folded piece to the inside (on the right hand edge) of the card base.
- Cut the Basic White Nested Essential die cut at 3 1/8″. Stamp the grass two times where the die cut fence will be adhered.
- Adhere the fence die cut from a scrap of Starry Sky card stock to this piece.
- Stamp and die cut two small flower/grass images. Color with Bubble Bath and Melon Mambo markers. Adhere to the ends of the fence.
- Use strong adhesive such as Tear & Tape or Seal + to adhere the Basic White piece to the Melon Mambo hinge.
- Stamp the rainboots on a piece of Melon Mambo patterned paper. Die cut with corresponding shape.
- Adhere the boots to the lower left of a 5 1/4″ x 4″ piece of Basic White card stock.
- Stamp the sentiment on the inside. Adhere this to the inside of the card base. (This hides the inside of the hinge from sight.)
- Close the card and mark the left edge of the hinge with pencil right on the patterned paper. Lay the smallest banner from Stylish Shapes JUST to the right of the pencil mark.
- Run this through the die cut machine just ONE time. You want it to only cut through the top two layers.
- Remove the banner die and two layers of paper. Tuck the left edge of the hinge into the opening.
Please click on the next name on the list and continue to be inspired by the amazing projects created by this design team. I know you will not be disappointed.
Can I help you?
I would love to be your Stampin’ Up! demonstrator and help you on your creative journey. Shop with me here: shop ChatnCraft with Lorraine.
Want more tips, tricks and inspiration? Sign up for my weekly email here.
I’d love help you make beautiful cards and paper crafts at home. Sign up here if you need the latest catalog.
Anyone who shops with me receives a free tutorial bundle packed with project ideas and details. Here’s a sneak peek at the Tutorial Bundle that I am currently giving away.
Here is the card that I made and for which instructions will be included in the tutorial.
Please email me if you have any questions or I can assist you in any way.
ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Shop my online store: lorrainetierney.stampinup.net
Send me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow me on FaceBook: ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Join our FaceBook Group: ChatnCraft Creations
Read my blog: ChatnCraftwithLorraine.com
Follow me on Pinterest: ChatnCraftwithLorraine
Subscribe to my Channel on YouTube: Chat’n’Craft with Lorraine Tierney