Welcome to the Ink & Inspirations Blog Hop where we are featuring the technique of Paper Piecing. This is a great technique as you can keep your piecing simple or get as intricate as you dare. I’ve chosen a rather simple paper piecing card today. I love the Little Dreamers Bundle so I am using the cute little elephant.
Paper Piecing is as simple as stamping your image on beautiful patterned paper and then cutting it out. In this case, there is a die for cutting the elephant so it was super quick. I think she looks so cute in her polka dots! Bubble Bath is the perfect pink for a little baby!
You can save on patterned paper by stamping your elephant in the middle of the piece of DSP and then die cutting it. The hole it leaves behind will be covered by the rectangle of Bubble Bath and white so no one will ever know! That cute “With Love” stamp is from the Crafting With You set.
INstructions for the LIttle dreamers card
- Cut your card base from Thick Basic White 4 1/4″ x 11″. Score and burnish at 5 1/2″. Card will be oriented with the fold on the left. (This prevents landscape cards from sinking down to a flat position.)
- Cut your Bubble Path polka dot DSP 3 1/2″ x 5 1/2″. Stamp your elephant in Memento Tuxedo Black ink in the center of the piece. Die cut.
- Adhere the piece of DSP (minus the elephant) to a piece of Bubble Bath card stock cut 3 3/8″ x 5 1/2″ and then adhere to the front of the card base.
- Adhere the elephant to a piece of Basic White cut 2 3/8″ x 3 3/8″. Then mat on a 2 1/2″ x 3 1/2″ piece of Bubble Bath card stock.
- Center this piece on the front of the card.
- Using dies from the little Dreamer Bundle, die cut a large and small cloud from a scrap of Basic White. Adhere to the card front.
- Stamp “With Love” on a small circle about 1″ in diameter. (I found this circle on my table…not quite sure where it came from!) Pop it up over the corner of the small rectangle.
- Add three Iridescent Pearl Basic Jewels to the card front.
- Layer a 5 1/4″ x 4″ piece of Bubble Bath card stock inside the card base.
- On a 2 3/4″ x 4 1/4″ piece of Basic White, stamp “Congratulations on your new little one” in Memento Tuxedo Black ink. Adhere to the inside.
Want to see all the products used to create this project? Scroll to the bottom. Click on any thumbnail at the end of this post for more information or to purchase.
Be sure to hop along to the next blog linked below for more inspiration. I know you won’t be disappointed. We’d love it if you’d leave us a comment, too!
Can I help you?
I would love to be your Stampin’ Up! demonstrator and help you on your creative journey. Shop with me here: shop ChatnCraft with Lorraine.
Want more tips, tricks and inspiration? Sign up for my weekly email here.
I’d love help you make beautiful cards and paper crafts at home. Sign up here if you need the latest catalog.
Anyone who shops with me receives a free tutorial bundle packed with project ideas and details. Here’s a sneak peek at the Tutorial Bundle that I am currently giving away.
Here is the card that I made and for which instructions will be included in the tutorial.
Please email me if you have any questions or I can assist you in any way.
ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Shop my online store: lorrainetierney.stampinup.net
Send me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow me on FaceBook: ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Join our FaceBook Group: ChatnCraft Creations
Read my blog: ChatnCraftwithLorraine.com
Follow me on Pinterest: ChatnCraftwithLorraine
Subscribe to my Channel on YouTube: Chat’n’Craft with Lorraine Tierney