Welcome to our monthly Technique Squad Blog Hop. Our theme for our May 2023 blog hop is Any Fun Fold. Fun folds are a great way to make a card that packs an extra punch! Any card is wonderful to receive and a fun fold makes it even more special. My card for this hop is a Standing Easel Card made with the Lighting the Way stamp set and Lighting the Way dies. That gorgeous patterned paper is from the brand new Inked Botanicals 6″ x 6″ paper pack. It’s hard to tell from the photo but the lantern shines with gold foil in the center.
Here’s the view from the side and the back of the standing easel card:
Instructions for the Lighting the Way Standing Easel Card
- Cut a Lost Lagoon card base 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″.
- Choose a print from the Inked Botanicals paper pack and trim to 5 1/4″ x 4″ in landscape orientation. Adhere to the front.
- Cut a piece of Lost Lagoon card stock 2 1/4″ x 7 1/4″ and score it at 1/2″, 1 1/2″, 2 1/2″, and 6 3/4″.
- Fold the top 1/2″ piece to the back. The bottom three score lines form a mountain or accordion fold. Fold on the 1 1/2″ score line so the rest of the piece folds up behind itself. Then fold towards the bottom on the next score line and fold the last score line up. *Basically, up- down- up on the lower three score lines.
- Put Tear & Tape adhesive on the two littlest scored flaps and keep them folded in place. Adhere them to the back of the card base (the side without patterned paper.) Adhere them about 1/4″ from the right hand edge. Both the top and the bottom will adhere to the back- even with the edges. (Refer to the side view photo above if unsure.)
- Stamp your sentiment from the Zoo Crew stamp set and a leaf in Lost Lagoon ink on a 2 3/4″ x 4″ piece of Very Vanilla card stock and adhere to the back.
- Also adhere a 2″ x 4″ piece of card stock to the “easel”.
- To decorate the front, stamp and die cut 2 stems with leaves (from the Lighting the Way stamp set) on Lost Lagoon card stock with Lost Lagoon ink.
- Die cut 3 bees from a piece of Crushed Curry patterned paper.
- Die cut the lantern from a piece of Calypso Coral card stock and die cut it a second time with it centered on a small piece of gold foil. Piece the gold foil into the Calypso Coral die cut lantern and tape in place.
- Pop the lantern up using dimensionals onto the 4th smallest Deckled Rectangle Lost Lagoon die cut.
- Adhere the Deckled Rectangle to the right side of the front of the card. Adhere the leaves to the left side.
- Stamp the “Hooray” sentiment from the Irresistible Blooms stamp set in Lost Lagoon ink on Very Vanilla banner die cut with the small, wide banner from the Stylish Shapes dies. Pop on the front over the stems of the leaves.
Want to see all the products used to create this project? Scroll to the bottom. Click on any thumbnail at the end of this post for more information or to purchase.
Well, the blog hop is rather small this month but I know you’ll be inspired by JoAnn Pollock’s card. Click on the next button to see what she made.
Join me and the Creativity Abounds team for our ON LINE Fresh as a Daisy Stamp Camp. Purchase the Fresh As a Daisy Suite Collection (item # 161301 for $73.50) as shown on p. 110 of the 2023-2024 Annual catalog as well as the In Color Jute trim (item #161637 for $8.00) from me and you will automatically be registered for our Fresh as A Daisy Stamp Camp on July 7 & 8, 2023. THE STAMP CAMP IS FREE!
This event is held live in an exclusive FaceBook group and will be available to watch forever. Included in the stamp camp are 13 “make and take” card kits. You will get all supplies not included in the Fresh as a Daisy Suite collection (cut and prepped) along with video AND written instructions to make 13 projects. During the Stamp Camp we will present 13 additional projects “live” that you can make on your own at a later date.
The only cost for the Stamp Camp is purchase of the Fresh as a Daisy Suite Collection. Please use this link to purchase in order to ensure your registration. Just add the In Color Jute (#161637 to your order and you’ll be all set.)
Can I help you?
I would love to be your Stampin’ Up! demonstrator and help you on your creative journey. Shop with me here: shop ChatnCraft with Lorraine.
Want more tips, tricks and inspiration? Sign up for my weekly email here.
I’d love help you make beautiful cards and paper crafts at home. Sign up here if you need the latest catalog.
Anyone who shops with me receives a free tutorial bundle packed with project ideas and details. Here’s a sneak peek at the Tutorial Bundle that I am currently giving away.
Here is the card that I made and for which instructions will be included in the tutorial.
Please email me if you have any questions or I can assist you in any way.
ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Shop my online store: lorrainetierney.stampinup.net
Send me an email: email@example.com
Follow me on FaceBook: ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Join our FaceBook Group: ChatnCraft Creations
Read my blog: ChatnCraftwithLorraine.com
Follow me on Pinterest: ChatnCraftwithLorraine
Subscribe to my Channel on YouTube: Chat’n’Craft with Lorraine Tierney