Welcome to the Ink & Inspiration Blog Hop. Today we are taking our inspiration from a card sketch. I love card sketches because the picture will rumble around in my head a bit and then suddenly, I’ll have an idea for a card to make. This sketch was no different. Here it is:
I may have forgotten one part of the challenge when I created my card. It was suggested that we use In Colors- either 2022-2024 In Colors or 2023-2025 In Colors. I used my all-time favorite color- Night of Navy. Here’s my card:
The flower from the Inked & Tiled stamp set was just perfect for creating a circle or wreath and since I had not heat embossed in a while, I used white embossing to make it pop off the Night of Navy card stock. I also heat embossed the greeting. Both the main image and the greeting are matted with a piece of Basic White. I added a bunch of white Classic Matte Dots and the card was done. I love the simplicity of it.
Instructions for the Inked & tiled “Just a Note” card
- Cut your Night of Navy card base 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ and score at 4 1/4″.
- Rub your embossing body over a piece of Night of Navy card stock cut 3 3/4″ x 5″.
- Stamp the single flower 5 x in a circle (roughly) using VersaMark ink. Sprinkle with White Embossing powder and melt with your heat tool. Use the reverse tweezers to hold the card stock and to protect your hands from burning!
- On a scrap of Night of Navy, stamp “just a NOTE” with VersaMark. Cover with white embossing powder and melt. Cut out with the small die from Something Fancy dies.
- Cut a second label with the Something Fancy die from a scrap of Basic White.
- Adhere the Night of Navy die cut sentiment to the basic white label die cut as shown.
- Mat the Night of Navy card front on a piece of Basic White cut 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″ and then adhere to the card front.
- Add several white Classic Matte Dots around the flowers.
- Stamp a single flower in Night of Navy on a 3 3/4″ x 5″ piece of Basic White and adhere to the inside.
Want to see all the products used to create this project? Scroll to the bottom. Click on any thumbnail at the end of this post for more information or to purchase.
Join me and the Creativity Abounds team for our ON LINE Fresh as a Daisy Stamp Camp. Purchase the Fresh As a Daisy Suite Collection (item # 161301 for $73.50) as shown on p. 110 of the 2023-2024 Annual catalog as well as the In Color Jute trim (item #161637 for $8.00) from me and you will automatically be registered for our Fresh as A Daisy Stamp Camp on July 7 & 8, 2023. THE STAMP CAMP IS FREE!
This event is held live in an exclusive FaceBook group and will be available to watch forever. Included in the stamp camp are 13 “make and take” card kits. You will get all supplies not included in the Fresh as a Daisy Suite collection (cut and prepped) along with video AND written instructions to make 13 projects. During the Stamp Camp we will present 13 additional projects “live” that you can make on your own at a later date.
The only cost for the Stamp Camp is purchase of the Fresh as a Daisy Suite Collection. Please use this link to purchase in order to ensure your registration. Just add the In Color Jute (#161637 to your order and you’ll be all set.)
Can I help you?
I would love to be your Stampin’ Up! demonstrator and help you on your creative journey. Shop with me here: shop ChatnCraft with Lorraine.
Want more tips, tricks and inspiration? Sign up for my weekly email here.
I’d love help you make beautiful cards and paper crafts at home. Sign up here if you need the latest catalog.
Anyone who shops with me receives a free tutorial bundle packed with project ideas and details. Here’s a sneak peek at the Tutorial Bundle that I am currently giving away.
Please email me if you have any questions or I can assist you in any way.
ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Shop my online store: lorrainetierney.stampinup.net
Send me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow me on FaceBook: ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Join our FaceBook Group: ChatnCraft Creations
Read my blog: ChatnCraftwithLorraine.com
Follow me on Pinterest: ChatnCraftwithLorraine
Subscribe to my Channel on YouTube: Chat’n’Craft with Lorraine Tierney