Welcome to the Stamping with Friends Blog Hop. Today we are showcasing Accordion Fun Folds. Who knew there were so many types of Accordion Folds. We hope to inspire you to create a card or two with these folds.
Here is the front of my card when it is closed. The Hello, Irresistible designer series papers are a beautiful back drop for the Layering Leaves leaves and sentiment. The Soft Sea Foam and Lost Lagoon pair together so well to make a pleasing color palatte.
When you open the card, the accordion becomes visible and gives you an excellent way to show off more of this gorgeous paper.
The font of the Layering Leaves flows so nicely. I love it!
Instructions for Hello, Irresistible Accordion fun fold
- Cut your Lost Lagoon card base 5 1/2″ x 11″ and score on the 11″ side at 1 3/4″, 3 1/2″, 5 1/4″, and 7″.
- Start folding your card stock on the right hand most score line – folding toward the longer left piece over to the right.
- Continue folding “accordion style”- folding to the left next, then right, then left, etc.
- From the remaining piece of Lost Lagoon card stock, cut a 3″ x 6″ piece and score it on the long side at 3″. Fold on the score line. Right side up on this piece will look like “tent.”
- From a piece of Hello, Irresistible dsp cut 4 pieces 5 1/4″ x 1 1/2″. Keep the pieces in order so the pattern will line up. Adhere them to the 4 small accordion sections.
- Cut 2 2 3/4″ x 2 3/4″ squares from another piece of Hello, Irresistible dsp and adhere to the small card base.
- Place a piece of Tear & Tape on the inside edges of the 3″ x 6″ piece and adhere it to the closed accordion pieces. (See video to be clear.)
- Cut the larger tag with the Something Fancy dies from a scrap of Basic White card. Stamp “Hello” with Lost Lagoon ink on it. Adhere to the front of the small square leaving room for 3 die cut leaves.
- Stamp one set of leaves on a scrap of Soft Sea Foam card with Soft Sea Foam ink. Punch with the Bough Punch.
- Stamp another set of leaves on a Basic White scrap with Lost Lagoon ink. “Fill in” the leaves with the fill stamp using Soft Sea Foam ink. Punch out.
- Stamp the small roses with Pretty Peacock ink on a scrap of Pretty Peacock card stock and punch with the Bough Punch.
- Use the Dark Soft Sea Foam Stampin Blend to color a piece of white Bakers Twine and adhere to the front.
- Color 3 Opaque Adhesive Backed Gems with the Dark Soft Seam Foam Blend and adhere below the “Hello.”
- Lay the 5 1/4″ x 3 3/4″ piece of Basic White inside the card and note where the sentiment needs to be stamped so that the small square covers it when the card is closed. Stamp your sentiment.
- Adhere a 3 1/2″ x 3/4″ piece of DSP (left over from cutting 4 strips in step 5) to the bottom of the white insert. Adhere to the inside of the card.
Want to see all the products used to create this project? Scroll to the bottom. Click on any thumbnail at the end of this post for more information or to purchase.
You can also watch a video of a FaceBook Live to see how this card is made.
Join me and the Creativity Abounds team for our ON LINE Fresh as a Daisy Stamp Camp. Purchase the Fresh As a Daisy Suite Collection (item # 161301 for $73.50) as shown on p. 110 of the 2023-2024 Annual catalog as well as the In Color Jute trim (item #161637 for $8.00) from me and you will automatically be registered for our Fresh as A Daisy Stamp Camp on July 7 & 8, 2023. THE STAMP CAMP IS FREE!
This event is held live in an exclusive FaceBook group and will be available to watch forever. Included in the stamp camp are 13 “make and take” card kits. You will get all supplies not included in the Fresh as a Daisy Suite collection (cut and prepped) along with video AND written instructions to make 13 projects. During the Stamp Camp we will present 13 additional projects “live” that you can make on your own at a later date.
The only cost for the Stamp Camp is purchase of the Fresh as a Daisy Suite Collection. Please use this link to purchase in order to ensure your registration. Just add the In Color Jute (#161637 to your order and you’ll be all set.)
Can I help you?
I would love to be your Stampin’ Up! demonstrator and help you on your creative journey. Shop with me here: shop ChatnCraft with Lorraine.
Want more tips, tricks and inspiration? Sign up for my weekly email here.
I’d love help you make beautiful cards and paper crafts at home. Sign up here if you need the latest catalog.
Anyone who shops with me receives a free tutorial bundle packed with project ideas and details. Here’s a sneak peek at the Tutorial Bundle that I am currently giving away.
Please email me if you have any questions or I can assist you in any way.
ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Shop my online store: lorrainetierney.stampinup.net
Send me an email: email@example.com
Follow me on FaceBook: ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Join our FaceBook Group: ChatnCraft Creations
Read my blog: ChatnCraftwithLorraine.com
Follow me on Pinterest: ChatnCraftwithLorraine
Subscribe to my Channel on YouTube: Chat’n’Craft with Lorraine Tierney