The Crafty Collaborations Team is comprised of Stampin’ Up! Demonstrators from around the world. Each month we participate in several collaborative projects, including Blog Hops, like this one to inspire all of us in our passion for crafting. Our goal is to create, share, and inspire every crafter to keep our creative energy flowing.
Our Crafty Challenge this month is a color challenge using these three colors.
To be honest, these are not three colors that I would generally pick to use together. I tried several different designs and stamp sets before I created this Hello Friend card.
A stenciled background allowed me to do a bit of shading with the Bermuda Bay color. I really love how this background came out. I also added just a slice of Cajun Craze patterned paper from the In The Wild pack to add a bit more texture/pattern behind the stenciled background. The Biggest Wish stamp set has wonderful bold sentiments so I stamped FRIEND with Merry Merlot. Using my stamparatus allowed me to stamp it several times so it would be solid and dark.
***Special Tip**** Put your silicone mat under the grid paper in your stamparatus and your paper will stay in place even better than it does with the magnets alone!
In order to anchor the “hello” and the flower (from Delicate Dahlias- free with a $50 order), I overlapped them slightly. One Opal Round in the center of the flower and I called it done! Here’s a close up photo of the sentiment and flower.
instructions for Hello Friend Card
- Cut a Cajun Craze card base, 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ and score at 4 1/4″. Burnish the folds.
- Cut a 1″ x 5 1/2″ piece of Cajun Craze patterned paper from the In the Wild paper pack. Adhere to the left side of the card base.
- Cut a piece of Basic White 4″ x 5 1/4″. Place it in the center of your stamparatus – with the silicone mat under your grid paper.
- Lay the stencil over the basic white and use the magnets to hold it in place.
- With a blending brush, apply Bermuda Bay ink over the stencil. Always tap a bit of ink off the brush on scrap paper before applying to the stencil. Cover some areas more heavily than others for a pretty variation in color.
- Remove the stencil and wipe the ink off the top.
- Place the FRIEND sentiment from the Biggest Wish stamp set on the lower right side of the stenciled piece.
- Ink with Merry Merlot and stamp until you have solid coverage.
- Line up the “hello” stamp so it slightly overlaps the top of friend, but hangs off on the left side.
- Stamp with Bermuda Bay ink.
- Stamp the small “fill in” flower from the Delicate Dahlias stamp set in Merry Merlot so that it overlaps both the “hello” and the “FRIEND.”
- Adhere this piece to the card front.
- Add an Opal Round to the center of the flower.
All of the products used in this card will be displayed at the end of this post. Click on a thumbnail for more information or to purchase.
Crafty Challenge Blog Hop
Don’t forget to check out the rest of the creations in this hop. We hope to leave you with lots of ideas for using these three colors on your next card.
Can I help you?
I would love to be your Stampin’ Up! demonstrator and help you on your creative journey. Shop with me here: shop ChatnCraft with Lorraine.
Want more tips, tricks and inspiration? Sign up for my weekly email here.
I’d love help you make beautiful cards and paper crafts at home. Sign up here if you need the latest catalog.
Anyone who shops with me receives a free tutorial bundle packed with project ideas and details. Here’s a sneak peek at the Whimsy & Wonder Bundle that I am currently giving away.
Join Stampin’ up!
During Sale-a-Bration (August 2- September 30, 2021) you can receive a FREE bundle when you JOIN Stampin’ Up! How do you join? You order a Starter Kit. A starter kit is nothing more than up to $125 worth of ANY PRODUCT you would like from ANY current catalog. You will pay ONLY $99 for this kit (20% discount) and shipping is FREE (another 10% savings) on your Starter Kit. Then just choose that free bundle I mentioned from the list below and you’ll be on your way to……enjoying at least a 20% discount every time you shop, learning about specials before they go public, and ordering before everyone else when there is a new catalog. If you have any questions please let me know!
Please email me if you have any questions or I can assist you in any way.
ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Shop my online store: lorrainetierney.stampinup.net
Send me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow me on FaceBook: ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Join our FaceBook Group: ChatnCraft Creations
Read my blog: ChatnCraftwithLorraine.com
Follow me on Pinterest: ChatnCraftwithLorraine
Subscribe to my Channel on YouTube: Chat’n’Craft with Lorraine Tierney