It’s time for our Creativity Abounds Blog Hop. We are a group of Stampin’ Up! demonstrators from around the world- all with different styles- who hope to inspire you to create beautiful cards and send them to friends and family.
Here is a peak at our design team. Join us for one of our Stamp Camps and you’ll get to meet everyone!
Our theme this month is Birthday Cards! Ideas for birthday cards are needed all year long and every year, right? I have a different Stack & Shuffle idea for you today.
The Heartfelt Hexagon bundle makes awesome birthday cards. I’ve paired it with the three patterns of vellum in the Vellum Basics Specialty DSP pack. This is another variation of the Stack & Shuffle Technique and makes three cards at once. Here are the other two I made.
As you can see the layout works for all types of cards. Both a sympathy and a wedding card look great with this layout.
instructions for Heartfelt Hexagon Birthday Card
- Cut a Thick Basic White card base 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ and score at 4 1/4″.
- Cut one of each pattern of the Vellum Basics paper to 5″ x 3 3/4″.
- Stack the papers on top of each other and cut into three pieces and make two slices with your trimmer. You do not need exact measurements. Just slice, remove the section you cut off, keep the remaining papers stacked, and slice again.
- Now lay out your vellum in three piles. Do not change the order of the first pile. For the second pile remove the top piece of vellum and put it on the bottom. For the third pile remove the top piece and place on the bottom and then move the next piece and place it on the bottom as well.
- Each pile should have a different pattern showing.
- Cut a piece of Pebbled Path 5 1/8″ x 3 7/8″ and adhere it to an adhesive sheet. Use your bone folder to be sure the adhesive sheet is smooth on the cardstock.
- Remove the release paper and place one piece of vellum from each pile on the adhesive sheet. Work from one end to the other. (Do not start in the middle.)
- On a piece of Basic White approx. 2 1/4″ x 2 3/4″, stamp the hexagon outline and then your sentiment in Pebbled Path ink.
- Do three times- one for each card.
- Punch with the Hexagon Punch.
- Cut one large die from the Gorgeously Made dies for each card from Pebbled Path card stock.
- Use glue dots to adhere the die cut to the front.
- Add the sentiment hexagon with dimensionals.
- Place three silver Festive Pearls around the sentiment.
- On a piece of 5 1/4″ x 4″ Basic White, stamp “I hope your day is filled with joy” using Pebbled Path ink. Stamp the flower on either side after stamping off once (on scrap paper) also using Pebble Path lunch.
- Adhere to the inside of you card base.
Want to see all the products used to create this project? Scroll to the bottom. Click on any thumbnail at the end of this post for more information or to purchase.
Please click on the next name on the list and continue to be inspired by the amazing projects created by these demonstrators. I know you will not be disappointed.
Can I help you?
I would love to be your Stampin’ Up! demonstrator and help you on your creative journey. Shop with me here: shop ChatnCraft with Lorraine.
Want more tips, tricks and inspiration? Sign up for my weekly email here.
I’d love help you make beautiful cards and paper crafts at home. Sign up here if you need the latest catalog.
Anyone who shops with me receives a free tutorial bundle packed with project ideas and details. Here’s a sneak peek at the Tutorial Bundle that I am currently giving away.
Please email me if you have any questions or I can assist you in any way.
ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Shop my online store: lorrainetierney.stampinup.net
Send me an email: email@example.com
Follow me on FaceBook: ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Join our FaceBook Group: ChatnCraft Creations
Read my blog: ChatnCraftwithLorraine.com
Follow me on Pinterest: ChatnCraftwithLorraine
Subscribe to my Channel on YouTube: Chat’n’Craft with Lorraine Tierney