Thank you for joining the Technique Squad Blog Hop this month. We are a group of Stampin’ Up! demonstrators who hope to inspire you to try a new technique or revisit one you haven’t used in a while. Today we are featuring Gilded Leafing. This is such a fun product to use. It adds sparkle and shine to your project.
The Gingko Branch bundle is one of my favorite bundle’s in the January- April mini catalog. I love the stamps and the dies. This card features a large die cut from Starry Sky card stock. Are you reluctant to use the leafing because you need to get out your Versa Mark ink, heat and stick powder and your heat tool? Well, there are lots of ways to adhere the leafing.
To adhere the gold leafing on this card, I used a piece of sponge to dab the Tombow Multipurpose glue where I wanted the leafing to stick. I let it dry slightly- to minimize mess and then just sprinkled the leafing onto the glued areas. The leafing sticks easily. Just brush the excess off with a sponge or thick paint brush and your ready to go. (You can also adhere it with glue dots, Tear & Tape, or Seal.)
Instructions for Gilded LEafing Ginko Branch Card
- Die cut the large Gingko branch die from a piece of Starry Sky card stock. After removing all the little pieces apply glue to the areas that you want the leafing to stick to. ***Tip: Put a blob of glue on your silicone mat and pick a little up with a sponge wedge and dabb it where you want the leafing to stick. Let it dry slightly. ***
- Pick up a few pieces of Gilded Leafing and rub them onto the glued areas. Use a clean sponge or brush to clean off the excess. Set aside.
- Cut a card base 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ and score at 4 1/4″ in Starry Sky card stock.
- Mat a 2 1/2″ x 5 1/4″ piece of Fancy Flora DSP to an Orchid Oasis mat cut 2 5/8″ x 5 3/8″. Adhere this to the front of the card base, leaving about 1/4″ on the left hand side.
- Dab Multipurpose liquid glue to the base of the leaves of your gilded leaf die cut (on the back) and adhere to the card front as shown.
- Use Versa Mark to stamp “thinking of you” on a scrap of Orchid Oasis card stock. Sprinkle with gold embossing powder and heat set. Die cut with the sentiment die from the bundle.
- Adhere the sentiment to the front of the card with dimensionals.
- Place 5 gold pearls from the Festive Pearls pack aroung the leave.
- On a Basic White piece cut 5 1/4″ x 4″, stamp the double Gingko leaf in Starry Sky ink on the lower left hand corner. Adhere the mat to the inside of the card.
Want to see all the products used to create these projects? Scroll to the bottom. Click on any thumbnail at the end of this post for more information or to purchase.
Our hop is small but mighty this month. Please click on the button to see what JoAnn Pollock has designed.
Can I help you?
I would love to be your Stampin’ Up! demonstrator and help you on your creative journey. Shop with me here: shop ChatnCraft with Lorraine.
Want more tips, tricks and inspiration? Sign up for my weekly email here.
I’d love help you make beautiful cards and paper crafts at home. Sign up here if you need the latest catalog.
Anyone who shops with me receives a free tutorial bundle packed with project ideas and details. Here’s a sneak peek at the Tutorial Bundle that I am currently giving away.
Please email me if you have any questions or I can assist you in any way.
ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Shop my online store: lorrainetierney.stampinup.net
Send me an email: email@example.com
Follow me on FaceBook: ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Join our FaceBook Group: ChatnCraft Creations
Read my blog: ChatnCraftwithLorraine.com
Follow me on Pinterest: ChatnCraftwithLorraine
Subscribe to my Channel on YouTube: Chat’n’Craft with Lorraine Tierney
JoAnn Pollock says
Ooo, I love how you put the leafing on the die cut. So pretty
Lorraine Tierney says
Thank you, JoAnn.