The Crafty Collaborations Team is comprised of Stampin’ Up! Demonstrators from around the world. Each month we participate in several collaborative projects, including Blog Hops, like this one, to inspire all of us in our passion for crafting. Our goal is to create, share, and inspire every crafter to keep our creative energy flowing.
Today our theme is wide open! We can share whatever we’ve been working on. Well, you guessed it. I’ve been working on Christmas cards. For my card today, I used the fox paper from the One Horse Open Sleigh paper pack that is an online exclusive. (Items that are not found in the catalog but can only be seen online.)
I originally saw a card very similar to this made by the talented Sharon from As the Ink Dries. She made a similar card using the deer paper from the Winter Meadow pack of Designer Series Paper. I had to try something similar with this paper.
I just love the way the frame around the fox really showcases him. It keeps the card simple but makes a striking statement.
instructons for the Framed fox Christmas card
- Cut a sheet of Cajun Craze card stock 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ and score at 4 1/4″.
- Cut a 5 3/8″ x 4 1/8″ mat of Pecan Pie card stock to the card base.
- Find the “fox” piece of paper from the One Horse Open Sleigh paper pack and trim it to 5 1/4″ x 4″ in “Portrait” layout.
- Next take the two largest squares from the Stylish Shapes dies and center them around the fox. Use low tack tape to hold the dies in place while running them through your Stampin’ Cut & Emboss machine.
- Remove the frame from the dies and adhere Adhesive Foam Strips to the back. Set aside.
- Remove the inside square and set aside.
- Adhere the piece of “Fox” patterned paper to the Pecan Pie mat with an open square at the bottom.
- Next remove the release tape from the Foam Adhesive Strips and set the frame back into place. Lastly use adhesive to set the square into the center of the frame.
- Wrap the Copper trim around the layered card mat and tie a bow.
- Adhere to the Cajun Craze card base.
- Use Cajun Craze ink to stamp Season’s Greetings on a scrap of Gray Granite card stock. Die cut with the larger Sending dies sentiment die.
- Adhere to the card front tucking the left edge under the ribbon.
- Add 3 Adhesive Backed Sparkle Gems.
Want to see all the products used to create this project? Scroll to the bottom. Click on any thumbnail at the end of this post for more information or to purchase.
Please click on the next name on the list and continue to be inspired by the amazing projects created by these demonstrators. I know you will not be disappointed.
Can I help you?
I would love to be your Stampin’ Up! demonstrator and help you on your creative journey. Shop with me here: shop ChatnCraft with Lorraine.
Want more tips, tricks and inspiration? Sign up for my weekly email here.
I’d love help you make beautiful cards and paper crafts at home. Sign up here if you need the latest catalog.
Anyone who shops with me receives a free tutorial bundle packed with project ideas and details. Here’s a sneak peek at the Tutorial Bundle that I am currently giving away.
Please email me if you have any questions or I can assist you in any way.
ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Shop my online store: lorrainetierney.stampinup.net
Send me an email: email@example.com
Follow me on FaceBook: ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Join our FaceBook Group: ChatnCraft Creations
Read my blog: ChatnCraftwithLorraine.com
Follow me on Pinterest: ChatnCraftwithLorraine
Subscribe to my Channel on YouTube: Chat’n’Craft with Lorraine Tierney