The Crafty Collaborations Team is comprised of Stampin’ Up! Demonstrators from around the world. Each month we participate in several collaborative projects, including Blog Hops, like this one, to inspire all of us in our passion for crafting. Our goal is to create, share, and inspire every crafter to keep our creative energy flowing.
Flowing Flowers and purples seemed to be the perfect combination for the Crafty Collaborations Crafty Challenge this month. I love sketch challenges because they give me a great place to start but they are open for interpretation, too. This sketch (you can see it below) was actually for a Slimline card. I decided to turn it and use it on a standard 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″ card base.
My card uses one of the “back sides” of the Flowering Fields patterned papers. It’s one of those papers that I enjoy using both sides. I love the combination of the Rich Razzleberry and Highland Heather. I added a bit of Wink of Stella to the center of the largest flower. Who can resist a little sparkle!
- Cut Basic White Thick to 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ and score at 4 1/4″.
- Cut the pictured pattern of Flowering Fields patterned paper 5 1/4″ x 4″ and adhere to the front fo the card base.
- Cut three Basic White rectangles measuring 1 3/8″ x 1 1/2″.
- Stamp the small cluster of flowers on the rectangles using Highland Heather for two and Rich Razzleberry for one. Adhere to the front of the card as shown.
- Cut a 3/4″ x 3 1/4 strip of the same patterned paper. Stamp Happy Birthday on it using Memento Tuxedo Black ink. Banner cut one end with paper snips.
- Adhere this to a 3 1/2″ length of a scalloped rectangle cut with the largest Scalloped Contour die.
- Adhere to the front as shown.
- Stamp the largest flower on a scrap of Basic White using Rich Razzleberry ink. Fussy cut and color the center with Wink Of Stella.
- Pop this up on dimensionals on the front of the card.
- Stamp “sending a card instead of a text” on the inside of the card.
- Add three Polished Dots.
Want to see all the products used to create these projects? Scroll to the bottom. Click on any thumbnail at the end of this post for more information or to purchase.
Crafty Challenge BLog Hop
Be sure to hop along to all of the other blogs participating in this challenge. I’m sure you’ll see a huge variety in projects yet find inspiration in them all.
Do you want all of the new papers from the 2022-2023 Annual Catalog? You can get 1/4 of each pack of paper shown on pages 131-134 for just $45- with shipping included! That’s 144 sheets of paper! You’ll be ready to make all those cards you see here or on Pinterest! Don’t miss out! Reserve your share by May 2, 2022. If you have any questions, please email me at email@example.com!
Can I help you?
I would love to be your Stampin’ Up! demonstrator and help you on your creative journey. Shop with me here: shop ChatnCraft with Lorraine.
Want more tips, tricks and inspiration? Sign up for my weekly email here.
I’d love help you make beautiful cards and paper crafts at home. Sign up here if you need the latest catalog.
Anyone who shops with me receives a free tutorial bundle packed with project ideas and details. Here’s a sneak peek at the Tutorial Bundle that I am currently giving away.
Please email me if you have any questions or I can assist you in any way.
ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Shop my online store: lorrainetierney.stampinup.net
Send me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow me on FaceBook: ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Join our FaceBook Group: ChatnCraft Creations
Read my blog: ChatnCraftwithLorraine.com
Follow me on Pinterest: ChatnCraftwithLorraine
Subscribe to my Channel on YouTube: Chat’n’Craft with Lorraine Tierney
Nina McMillan says
Love your interpretation!
Jill Hamlett says
Clever making the squares vertical! Pretty card!
Mo Rootes says
Such a lovely card Lorraine, love the way you have rotated the sketch x
Fiona Whitten says
Love that you turned the sketch and have your images going down the side.
Rebecca Nutley says
I love your interpretation of the card, and the colours are lovely.
Kathleen Ondus says
Very pretty card! I love that you rotated the square vertically!