I featured the Flowers of Friendship bundle this month. It’s a great stamp set and punch with sentiments that express both gratitude and friendship. I also featured the new 2021-2023 In Color Polished Pink and a patterned paper from the Pattern Party hostess pack of papers. I love the way the pink POPS! on that polka dotted paper.
I’d love to have you make a card like this at home. You could use the same bundle or substitute one that you have already! Here’s how I made this card.
1. Cut your Basic White Thick card stock to 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ and score at 5 1/4″.
2. Cut 3 strips of Polished Pink card stock 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ and adhere slightly above the center of the card front.
3. Cut your polka dot piece of Pattern Party paper 3 3/4″ x 5″. Center and adhere over the stripes.
4. Using Polished Pink ink, stamp 3 large flowers and 3 small flowers. It’s helpful when using this punch to look at the orientation of the flowers on the punch. As you can see in the photo below, the large flowers are stamped in a ” + ” shape while the smaller flowers have an ” x ” orientation.
6. Color the large flowers with the Dark Polished Pink blend, the small flowers with the Light Polished Pink blend, and the leaves with the Light Mint Macaron blend.
7. Before punching out the shapes, turn the paper so you are putting the large flower ONLY into the punch. Punch three flowers out.
8. When I began to punch the smaller flowers, I noticed that the leaf part of the punch was going to interfere with the flower next to the one I was punching. I cut each flower out and used a post it note to help me hang on to the flower and line it up right.
10. Glue the smaller flower onto the larger flower and curl the petals up slightly.
11. Adhere the flowers to the card front, centering the flowers over the middle strip of Polished Pink card stock.
12. Tuck a leaf under each flower.
13. On an 1 1/8″ strip of Basic White card stock, stamp your “Little Card, big thanks” sentiment and punch with the plain oval from the Double Oval Punch.
14. Adhere this to a strip of Polished Pink cut 1 /” x 3″ with the ends trimmed at an angle.
15. Pop the piece up on dimensionals and adhere to the bottom right of the card.
16. Add a Polished Pink In Color Jewels to the center of each flower!
Now write out a message and mail the card to someone! Share your cards and share joy!
Don’t forget to be inspired by the Thank You cards these other demonstrators from around the world have created! You won’t be disappointed.
Enjoy card making, tips, tricks and inspiration in your inbox each week when you sign up for my email.
If you live in the USA, please shop with me. I’d be happy to help. You canemail me or shop at my online store.
Everyone who places an order with me will receive a free tutorial bundle via email, in addition to a handmade thank you card. Here is a sneak peek at this month’s tutorials.
ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Shop my online store: lorrainetierney.stampinup.net
Send me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow me on FaceBook: ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Read my blog: ChatnCraftwithLorraine.com
Follow me on Pinterest: Chat’n’CraftLT
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel: Chat’n’Craft with Lorraine Tierney