I am taking part in the Stampin’ Dreams Blog Hop today. Our theme is florals and so I reached for my favorite floral stamp set- Flowering Tulips. I love the flowers, the sentiments, and the coordinating Tulip Dies and Flowering Fields papers. I used a little bit of everything to make this Flowering Tulips Floating Strips card.
The Crafty Collaborations Team is comprised of Stampin’ Up! Demonstrators from around the world. Each month we participate in several collaborative projects, including Blog Hops, like this one to inspire all of us in our passion for crafting. Our goal is to create, share, and inspire every crafter to keep our creative energy flowing.
Don’t be intimidated by the Floating Strips. Like so many other stamping techniques, once you complete it the first time, you’ll be hooked and say, “that’s not too hard.” Let me teach you how to make it.
INstructions for Flowering Tulips Floating Frame card
- Cut a Thick Basic White card base 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ and score at 4 1/4″.
- Cut the small tulip sheet of Flowering Fields patterned paper 4″ x 5 1/4″. Adhere to the card base.
- Cut a piece of Basic White 3 1/2″ x 4 3/4″.
- Using Mossy Meadow ink, stamp “No one deserves a happier birthday than you” on the bottom.
- Using Daffodil Delight ink, stamp a few of the “+ + +” stamp randomly on the upper left and lower right of where you’ll place your floating circle.
- Cut several 1/2″ x 4″ strips of patterned paper from the Flowering Fields pack. Cut 2 strips 3/4″ x 4″. Using Seal adhesive (or Tear & Tape but NOT liquid glue) adhere these pieces on a piece of a window sheet that is bigger than the 2nd largest Layering Circle die. Be sure to leave a space between each strip….between an 1/8″ and 1/4″. TIP: Using grid paper underneath can help you space them evenly.
- Cut with the 2nd largest Layering Circle die.
- Flip your circle over and put a Foam Adhesive strip on the back of each strip of paper. See photo below.
- Using a scrap of Poppy Parade card stock, die cut out the strip of tulips.
- Cut the strip with the same Layering die holding the tulips in the location they will be on your circle.
- Adhere the strip to the front of the circle. Trim if necessary.
- Remove the release paper and center the circle on the top of you decorated Basic White mat.
- Adhere the Basic White mat to the front of the card base.
- Add three Brushed Brass Butterflies.
Want to see all the products used in this post? Scroll to the bottom. Click on any thumbnail at the end of this post for more information or to purchase. (Items from the 2022-20223 Annual Catalog cannot be linked yet.)
Please hop along to see what our Crafty Collaborators created for you with this theme of Floral. You are sure to be inspired.
Symbols of Fortune stamp camp
Please join me and 12 talented Stampin’ Up! demonstrators from around the world for an amazing Stamp Camp experience. This Symbols of Fortune Stamp Camp will feature the softly colored and shimmery suite of products. You can see each of the items here:
This Stamp Camp includes a card kit to make 12 cards…one designed by each of the demonstrators on the Creativity Abounds team. In this card kit you will get the card bases and any pieces of card stock needed to make the card. If a die other than the ones included in the Crane of Fortune Bundle is used, it will be cut for you. Envelopes are included as well.
You will use your Symbols of Fortune patterned paper, Crane of Fortune Bundle, Soft Succulent Satin Shimmer ribbon, Polished Dots, and inks and adhesives.
This kit will come with an emailed written tutorial for each card as well as “unlisted” videos to show you how to make the cards.
On April 29 -30 , 2022, you will be part of an exclusive Facebook Group where we will have 12 LIVE presentations showing another project made with the suite. As the group is international, some LIVES will be at less convenient times, but they will all be recorded in the FaceBook group and you will have access to them forever. You are invited to post your cards, comment and play along with challenges in this exclusive group as well.
The only fee to participate in this Stamp Camp is purchase through me of the Symbols of Fortune Suite (item #157667- and all the products are included with this one number). If you already own these products, please substitute any other $82.75 (before shipping and tax) of products. Please use the link below as it includes my HOST CODE (3Z2Q2CK2).
You can order by clicking on this link: SHOP WITH CHATNCRAFT WITH LORRAINE and this will input the host code for you automatically. I will be notified of your purchase and will enroll you in Stamp Camp. Please be sure to order as soon as possible to ensure that nothing becomes unavailable!
NOTE: The Symbols of Fortune Suite is not available at this time because the Polished Dots are on backorder. You can participate in the Stamp Camp if you order all of the items individually (you’ll still save 10% on the Stamp & Die bundle) and add a different embellishment such as Iridescent Rhinestone Jewels. Please use the HOST CODE 3Z2Q2CK2.
About a week before Stamp Camp you will receive your card kit in the mail. Then a few days before the Symbols of Fortune Stamp Camp starts, you will receive an invitation to join the exclusive Facebook group.
If you have any questions, please email me at email@example.com.
Can I help you?
I would love to be your Stampin’ Up! demonstrator and help you on your creative journey. Shop with me here: shop ChatnCraft with Lorraine.
Want more tips, tricks and inspiration? Sign up for my weekly email here.
I’d love help you make beautiful cards and paper crafts at home. Sign up here if you need the latest catalog.
Anyone who shops with me receives a free tutorial bundle packed with project ideas and details. Here’s a sneak peek at the Artfully Composed Tutorial Bundle that I am currently giving away. This is the card that I have included in the tutorial:
Please email me if you have any questions or I can assist you in any way.
ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Shop my online store: lorrainetierney.stampinup.net
Send me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow me on FaceBook: ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Join our FaceBook Group: ChatnCraft Creations
Read my blog: ChatnCraftwithLorraine.com
Follow me on Pinterest: ChatnCraftwithLorraine
Subscribe to my Channel on YouTube: Chat’n’Craft with Lorraine Tierney