This Flowering Fields Flip Up and Flip Out Fun Fold card is what I call a win-win card! It’s not difficult to make but it packs a nice WOW when it’s opened. I spotted this fun fold on the blog “On Y Go! Stamping” blog by Heidi Collins and knew I needed to share it with you!
- Start by scoring a full sheet of Thick Basic White 8 1/2″ x 11″ card stock on the long side at 5 1/2″.
- Then turn you card stock so the 8 1/2″ side is across the top and score at 2 1/8″ and 6 3/8″.
- Keeping the 8 1/2″ side along the top of your trimmer, cut off the left hand and right hand rectangles from the top half of the paper. Rather than cutting down the center of the score line, aim to cut the score line “off.” See the diagram below.
- After cutting off the rectangles fold gently on the score lines starting with the flaps on the bottom. Fold them toward the center. If they overlap in the center trim one slightly.
- Next fold down the top flap. If this flap does not fold flat, trim the tops of the side flaps slightly.
- To decorate the front of the top flap, cut a 5″ x 3 3/4″ piece of the large tulip patterned paper from the Flowering Fields pack and adhere this to a Mossy Meadow card stock mat 4″ x 5 1/4″. Wrap White Glittery Organdy ribbon around the layers and tape on the back. Cut another piece of ribbon and tie a bow around the first piece of ribbon. Raise that flap up.
- Fold in the lower left and right flaps and adhere a Mossy Meadow mats cut to 1 15/16″ x 5 1/4″ to each flap. Adhere a second subtle patterned paper on top of this cut 1 3/4″ x 5″. Wouldn’t tulip die cuts look beautiful on these flaps? (I meant to put them on before I took photos….)
- Open the flaps and adhere two more Mossy Meadow mats 1 15/16″ x 5 1/4″ to the inside. Adhere another flowered paper cut 1 3/4″ x 5″ to these mats.
- Stamp your inside birthday sentiment from the Flowering Tulips stamp set in Mossy Meadow ink.
- On a scrap of basic white, stamp the sentiment “Just thinking of you today” in Mossy Meadow ink and cut with a Layering Circle die. Randomly stamp the “+ + +” stamp under the words. Mat the sentiment on a Mossy Meadow scalloped circle cut slightly larger.
Want to see all the products used in this post? Scroll to the bottom. Click on any thumbnail at the end of this post for more information or to purchase.
Can I help you?
I would love to be your Stampin’ Up! demonstrator and help you on your creative journey. Shop with me here: shop ChatnCraft with Lorraine.
Want more tips, tricks and inspiration? Sign up for my weekly email here.
I’d love help you make beautiful cards and paper crafts at home. Sign up here if you need the latest catalog.
Anyone who shops with me receives a free tutorial bundle packed with project ideas and details. Here’s a sneak peek at the Artfully Composed Tutorial Bundle that I am currently giving away.
Please email me if you have any questions or I can assist you in any way.
ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Shop my online store: lorrainetierney.stampinup.net
Send me an email: email@example.com
Follow me on FaceBook: ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Join our FaceBook Group: ChatnCraft Creations
Read my blog: ChatnCraftwithLorraine.com
Follow me on Pinterest: ChatnCraftwithLorraine
Subscribe to my Channel on YouTube: Chat’n’Craft with Lorraine Tierney