Here is what the Floating Surprise card looks like closed. Pretty and unassuming…but wait until it’s opened. Then you see…..
… the floating surprise! 3 elements that appear to be floating spring to life. Isn’t that a nice surprise when you open the card? I also love how the card lays flat when it’s open too! It can sit on a desk or table and make someone smile all day!
Instructions for the Floating Surprise card
Getting the pieces ready:
- Cut Fresh Freesia to 5 1/2″ x 11″. Then cut into two pieces fo 5 1/2″ x 4 7/8″.
- Score both pieces on the shorter side at 4 1/4″.
- Cut 1 piece of the Pansy Patch patterned paper 4″ x 5 1/4″ for the front of card.
- Cut 2 pieces of a Pansy Patch patterned paper 5 1/2″ x 4 7/8″ for the inside.
- Cut 3 strips of Acetate Window Sheets 3/4″ x 3″
- Die cut Basic White with the second largest Stitched So Sweetly die for the front of the card.
- Die cut the second largest Scalloped Contour Die from Basic White for the inside of the card.
- Stamp using Soft Succulent and Fresh Freesia ink. Then die cut three “floating elements”. I used a medium sized butterfly from Butterfly Brilliance, the dragonfly from Dragonfly Garden, and a flower from the Color and Contour bundle.
To assemble the inside of the card:
- Fold and burnish the two pieces of Fresh Freesia card stock.
- Place them so the small folds touch each other as in the picture above.
- Add Tear & Tape to one side of the fold. DO NOT CLOSE THEM YET.
- Add the three pieces of acetate. Start with one in the middle and then place on on either side. Make sure your die cuts will not reach outside the card when it’s closed. Adjust the acetate to accommodate your die cuts.
- Adhere the two folds together. Rub with your bone folder to ensure that they stick well.
- Add your die cuts with glue dots. Put the glue dots on the acetate first and then place the die cuts.
- With the die cuts facing you, adhere your 2 pieces of patterned paper to the card stock. Line them up as close to the fold as possible. That should leave an even border around the sides and bottom edge.
- Stamp your inside message on the larger Scalloped Contour piece of paper. Adhere to the correct side so you can see the die cuts when you read the sentiment.
To assemble the front of the card:
- Close your card and MAKE SURE THE CARD IS POSITIONED PROPERLY TO SEE THE DIE CUTS WHEN IT OPENS.
- Adhere the single piece of Pansy Patch Paper to the front.
- Stamp a sentiment using Soft Succulent ink in the lower right hand corner of the Stitched So Sweetly rectangle. I used “Oh, so happy for you” from the Delicate Dahlias stamp set.
- Adhere one stamped/die cut butterfly and one mini butterfly to the rectangle.
- Adhere to the Pansy Patch paper on the card front.
- Add three 2021-2023 In Color Jewels.
All of the products used in this card will be listed at the end of the post. Click on any thumbnail for more information or to purchase.
Can I help you?
I would love to be your Stampin’ Up! demonstrator and help you on your creative journey. Shop with me here: shop ChatnCraft with Lorraine.
Want more tips, tricks and inspiration? Sign up for my weekly email here.
I’d love help you make beautiful cards and paper crafts at home. Sign up here if you need the latest catalog.
Anyone who shops with me receives a free tutorial bundle packed with project ideas and details. Here’s a sneak peek at the Whimsy & Wonder Bundle that I am currently giving away.
Join Stampin’ up!
During Sale-a-Bration (August 2- September 30, 2021) you can receive a FREE bundle when you JOIN Stampin’ Up! How do you join? You order a Starter Kit. A starter kit is nothing more than up to $125 worth of ANY PRODUCT you would like from ANY current catalog. You will pay ONLY $99 for this kit (20% discount) and shipping is FREE (another 10% savings) on your Starter Kit. Then just choose that free bundle I mentioned from the list below and you’ll be on your way to……enjoying at least a 20% discount every time you shop, learning about specials before they go public, and ordering before everyone else when there is a new catalog. If you have any questions please let me know!
Please email me if you have any questions or I can assist you in any way.
ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Shop my online store: lorrainetierney.stampinup.net
Send me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow me on FaceBook: ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Join our FaceBook Group: ChatnCraft Creations
Read my blog: ChatnCraftwithLorraine.com
Follow me on Pinterest: Chat’n’CraftLT
Subscribe to my Channel on YouTube: Chat’n’Craft with Lorraine Tierney