The Crafty Collaborations Team is comprised of Stampin’ Up! Demonstrators from around the world. Each month we participate in several collaborative projects, including Blog Hops, like this one to inspire all of us in our passion for crafting. Our goal is to create, share, and inspire every crafter to keep our creative energy flowing.
Today our theme is Share It Sunday so we can share whatever we’ve been working on lately. Well, I’ve been playing with the Eden’s Garden bundle and the beautiful Ever Eden patterned paper pack and I created this Eden’s Garden Fancy Gate Fold card. Evening Evergreen and Soft Succulent are two of my favorite colors so I love this new pack of paper. I think you will too! It goes on sale on November 2! The beautiful paper is available only while supplies last! Don’t hesitate if you love it!
If you look closely at the photo above, you can see that the Gatefold is hidden under the front panel of card stock and patterned paper. It gives the recipient a bit of surprise when the card is open. I love stamping my own background so that’s what I did on the smaller basic white panel. This Eden’s Garden fancy gate fold card is one of the cards included in my Eden’s Garden Card Kit. (See below for details.)
- Cut an Evening Evergreen card base 4 1/4″ x 11″ and score it 2 3/4″ from each end. Fold these toward the middle and burnish with your bone folder. Hold your card base in portrait orientation with the opening horizontal across the middle.
- Cut a mat of Soft Succulent 5 1/4″ x 4″ and a piece of Ever Eden patterned paper 3 3/4″ x 3″. Adhere this to the bottom of the mat, leaving a small border on the bottom and each side.
- Wrap a piece of Soft Succulent Open Weave ribbon around the mat and tie it in a bow on the left side. Trim the ends.
- Adhere this piece to the front of the card by putting adhesive on the top section of the card base only.
- Using the largest Stitched So Sweetly rectangular die, cut a rectangle from Evening Evergreen.
- Cut a piece of Basic White 3 5/8″ x 2 1/2″. Stamp the various greenery stamps randomly in Evening Evergreen ink.
- Adhere this piece to the scalloped rectangle and adhere to the front of the card using dimensionals.
- Cut another piece of the Ever Eden patterned paper 4″ x 2 1/2″. Open the card and fold down the lower flap. Adhere this piece of patterned paper to the inside of the flap.
- On a 5 1/4″ x 4″ piece of Basic White, stamp “my heart is tied to yours if you need anything…” in Evening Evergreen ink.
- On a scrap of Soft Succulent stamp “Sending Hugs” in VersaMark ink. Then sprinkle with Gold Embossing Powder and heat set with your heat tool. Punch it out with the smaller oval of the Double Oval punch.
- Punch a scalloped oval from Gold Foil using the same punch. Layer “Sending Hugs” on the gold oval. Adhere to the front of the card.
Want to see all the products used to make these cards? Click on any thumbnail at the end of this post for more information or to purchase.
I hope you have been inspired by this card and will try making a Fancy Gate Fold card. Please check out the creations of our talented collaborators.
Eden’s Garden Card Kit
You do not want to miss out! Get this gorgeous card kit so you can make the 4 cards you see pictured here. All of the card stock will be cut to size, die cuts will be cut and ribbon provided so you can make these cards at home. You will need only to provide stamps, ink and adhesive. The sentiments used were from the Eden’s Garden stamp set and Biggest Wish stamp set. Of course, envelopes are provided too!
There are two ways to purchase this card kit.
- You can purchase the card kit for $18.50 (postage included.) Just email me at email@example.com and I will send you a PayPal invoice. Once that is paid, I will mail your kit.
- Or, you can make a purchase of $35 in my on-line store and I will send you the kit for FREE.
This kit will be available until November 15.
Can I help you?
I would love to be your Stampin’ Up! demonstrator and help you on your creative journey. Shop with me here: shop ChatnCraft with Lorraine.
Want more tips, tricks and inspiration? Sign up for my weekly email here.
I’d love help you make beautiful cards and paper crafts at home. Sign up here if you need the latest catalog.
Anyone who shops with me receives a free tutorial bundle packed with project ideas and details. Here’s a sneak peek at the Whimsy & Wonder Bundle that I am currently giving away.
Please email me if you have any questions or I can assist you in any way.
ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Shop my online store: lorrainetierney.stampinup.net
Send me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow me on FaceBook: ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Join our FaceBook Group: ChatnCraft Creations
Read my blog: ChatnCraftwithLorraine.com
Follow me on Pinterest: ChatnCraftwithLorraine
Subscribe to my Channel on YouTube: Chat’n’Craft with Lorraine Tierney