I am pleased to be part of today’s Stamping With Friends Blog Hop. We are sharing any project we’d like so you are in for a treat! I am sharing a card we made at a recent Zoom class. It is a Diagonal Joy Fold Card. I love Joy fold cards as they show off so much of our beautiful designer series papers. This one used the Texture Chic pack of papers with die cuts from the Poppy Moments Dies.
When this card is closed, it doesn’t look like anything fancy but when it opens up, you see that it’s really a card within a card. I love the diagonal piece that swings off to the side and sometimes, you only need a small space to write a quick note!
Instructions for Diagonal joy fold card
- Cut an 8 1/2″” x 5 1/2″ card base from Blushing Bride card stock and score at 4 1/4″.
- Line the front piece of the card stock up in your trimmer so that the upper left corner (near the fold) is in the cutting channel as well as the lower right corner. Cut from corner to corner.
- Cut a 5 1/4″ x 4″ piece of patterned paper from the top left corner to bottom right corner the same way. Adhere the lower triangle to the front.
- Flip over the top triangle and adhere to the inside of the triangle flap.
- Adhere a different pattern of paper, also cut 5 1/4″ x 4″, to the inside of the card base.
- To make the smaller card, cut a 3″ x 8 1/2″ piece of Evening Evergreen card stock. Score at 4 1/4″.
- Adhere a 2 3/4″ x 4″ piece of patterned paper to the front of this small card base.
- With the larger card base opened, adhere the smaller card base, centered on the inside. Be sure that you can open the smaller card base and have the triangle flap lay flat inside it when the card is closed.
- Die cut the leaves and flower shapes from Evening Evergreen scraps.
- Cut the detailed flower pieces from a scrap of Blushing Bride card stock. Put the flowers together and adhere to the front with the leaves underneath.
- On a piece of Basic White cut 2 3/4″ x 4″, stamp your sentiment and a flower. Adhere to the inside of the small card.
Want to see all the products used to create this project? Scroll to the bottom. Click on any thumbnail at the end of this post for more information or to purchase.
Please hop along to see what the rest of this talented team has been working on lately! Your sure to be inspired.
Can I help you?
I would love to be your Stampin’ Up! demonstrator and help you on your creative journey. Shop with me here: shop ChatnCraft with Lorraine.
Want more tips, tricks and inspiration? Sign up for my weekly email here.
I’d love help you make beautiful cards and paper crafts at home. Sign up here if you need the latest catalog.
Anyone who shops with me receives a free tutorial bundle packed with project ideas and details. Here’s a sneak peek at the Tutorial Bundle that I am currently giving away.
Here is the card that I made and for which instructions will be included in the tutorial.
Please email me if you have any questions or I can assist you in any way.
ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Shop my online store: lorrainetierney.stampinup.net
Send me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow me on FaceBook: ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Join our FaceBook Group: ChatnCraft Creations
Read my blog: ChatnCraftwithLorraine.com
Follow me on Pinterest: ChatnCraftwithLorraine
Subscribe to my Channel on YouTube: Chat’n’Craft with Lorraine Tierney