Let’s be honest. Except for birthday cards, I think I make more sympathy cards than any other type of card. As soon as I saw the Delicate Dahlia set I knew one way I would use it. Because I hope sympathy cards will bring a feeling of care and comfort, I try to send them out right away. I love to have several beautiful ones on hand so I can do just that- send care and comfort immediately. I hope you love this Delicate Dahlia Sympathy card as much as I do.
This card is part of a Sale-A-Bration blog hop. (Sale-A-Bration is a 2 month period during which you can earn free product with every $50 or $100 you spend). We hope to inspire you and provide you with ideas to use all of the various freebies you can earn between Aug 3, 2021 and September 30, 2021. The Delicate Dahlia stamp set is one of the freebies you can earn with a $100 purchase. You can take a look at all the freebies here.
I love the bold flower and after googling “dahlias” I’ve learned they come in so many colors. I love that this card could be made in a variety of colors to fit my mood. The sentiments in the stamp set are also so versatile. From “oh-so happy for you” to “thank you kindly” and the one I used above, “with heartfelt sympathy,” this stamp set can do it all.
Instructions for Delicate Dahlia Sympathy Card
- Cut a card base from Gorgeous Grape card stock – 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ and score at 4 1/4″.
- Cut a piece of Pear Pizzaz card stock 3 5/8″ x 4 1/4″ and adhere it to the card base, centered on the front.
- On a piece of Basic White cut to 5″ x 3 3/4″ use Gorgeous Grape ink to stamp two of the large “fill in” dahlia stamps. Stamp on in the lower left hand corner and one in the upper right hand corner. For each go off the paper slightly.
- Using Pear Pizzaz ink and stamping off once , stamp a few leaves around each flower.
- With Gorgeous Grape ink, stamp the “sending heartfelt sympathy” sentiment in the lower right hand corner.
- Center and adhere this panel to the front of the card.
- Add three of the Gorgeous Grape Pastel Pearls to the card. I placed one in the center of each flower and the third near the sentiment.
- Cut a piece of Basic White to 5 1/4″ x 4″ and stamp a small flower using Gorgeous Grape on the lower left hand corner. Adhere to the inside of your card.
Hop on over to the next blog for more inspiration
As I mentioned previously, this post is part of a blog hop. Be sure to check out the other posts so you can be inspired to create with your Sale-A-Bration freebies.
There is a list of the supplies that I used to make this card at the end of the post. You can click on any of the thumbnails to go to my store and see the items in detail and/or purchase.
Everyone who purchases with me will receive a free tutorial bundle at at the end of the month. Here’s a sneak peek at a few of the recent bundles.
If you live in the USA and need a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator, I’d be happy to help you make cards like this at home. Please let me know how I can be of service. Need a catalog? I’d be happy to send you one.
Want tips, tricks, and inspiration sent directly to your inbox? Sign up for my weekly newsletter.
I hope that you have been inspired to make and SEND a card. A card isn’t complete until we give it away!
ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Shop my online store: lorrainetierney.stampinup.net
Send me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow me on FaceBook: ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Join our FaceBook Group: ChatnCraft Creations Post photos here!
Read my blog: ChatnCraftwithLorraine.com
Follow me on Pinterest: Chat’n’CraftLT
Subscribe to my Channel on YouTube: Chat’n’Craft with Lorraine Tierney