The Crafty Collaborations Team is comprised of Stampin’ Up! Demonstrators from around the world. Each month we participate in several collaborative projects, including Blog Hops, like this one, to inspire all of us in our passion for crafting. Our goal is to create, share, and inspire every crafter to keep our creative energy flowing.
The Crafty Challenge for May 2023 was to create a card based on the following sketch.
Remember, a sketch can be followed closely or interpreted loosely. You see where I’m going with this, I’m sure. I took the road of “loose interpretation.” Although the sketch looks like a slimline card, I decided to apply it to an A2 card. I combined the Countrysides Inn patterned paper with the Cheerful Daisies as these are two of my favorites in the new Annual Catalog. I’m always drawn to the blues so this card also uses Misty Moonlight.
The inside of the card is also decorated because these daisies are just so beautiful!
Instructions for the Countryside Inn Meets Cheerful daisies Card
- Cut a Boho Blue card base 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ and score at 4 1/4″.
- Use the scalloped edge die from the Zany Zoo bundle to cut the right hand edge of a piece of Misty Moonlight card stock cut 3 1/8″ x 5 1/2″.
- Adhere a 2 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ piece of Countryside Inn patterned paper to the Misty Moonlight with a slightly bigger border on the right.
- Adhere these two pieces to the card front with a slightly bigger border on the right.
- Die cut the three attached daisies from Misty Moonlight card stock. Cut the flowers and leaves apart.
- Cut the framelit for the large daisy and the detail die for the large daisy from Basic White.
- Adhere the 3 layers together. Pop up on the card front with dimensionals.
- Use dimensionals to pop up the leaves while tucking them under the daisy.
- Stamp “A note of thanks” from the Sending Smiles stamp set on a scrap of Basic White, lining it up with the left edge of the banner.
- Cut with the smaller narrow banner die. Trim off the left side near the first word.
- Add three Boho Blue 2023-2025 In Color dots.
- Layer the smallest daisy with Basic White and Misty Moonlight die cuts. Cut a Misty Moonlight stem.
- Adhere to a 4″ x 5 1/4″ Basic White mat. Adhere the mat to the inside.
Want to see all the products used to create this project? Scroll to the bottom. Click on any thumbnail at the end of this post for more information or to purchase.
Join me and the Creativity Abounds team for our ON LINE Fresh as a Daisy Stamp Camp. Purchase the Fresh As a Daisy Suite Collection (item # 161301 for $73.50) as shown on p. 110 of the 2023-2024 Annual catalog as well as the In Color Jute trim (item #161637 for $8.00) from me and you will automatically be registered for our Fresh as A Daisy Stamp Camp on July 7 & 8, 2023. THE STAMP CAMP IS FREE!
This event is held live in an exclusive FaceBook group and will be available to watch forever. Included in the stamp camp are 13 “make and take” card kits. You will get all supplies not included in the Fresh as a Daisy Suite collection (cut and prepped) along with video AND written instructions to make 13 projects. During the Stamp Camp we will present 13 additional projects “live” that you can make on your own at a later date.
The only cost for the Stamp Camp is purchase of the Fresh as a Daisy Suite Collection. Please use this link to purchase in order to ensure your registration. Just add the In Color Jute (#161637 to your order and you’ll be all set.)
Can I help you?
I would love to be your Stampin’ Up! demonstrator and help you on your creative journey. Shop with me here: shop ChatnCraft with Lorraine.
Want more tips, tricks and inspiration? Sign up for my weekly email here.
I’d love help you make beautiful cards and paper crafts at home. Sign up here if you need the latest catalog.
Anyone who shops with me receives a free tutorial bundle packed with project ideas and details. Here’s a sneak peek at the Tutorial Bundle that I am currently giving away.
Please email me if you have any questions or I can assist you in any way.
ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Shop my online store: lorrainetierney.stampinup.net
Send me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow me on FaceBook: ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Join our FaceBook Group: ChatnCraft Creations
Read my blog: ChatnCraftwithLorraine.com
Follow me on Pinterest: ChatnCraftwithLorraine
Subscribe to my Channel on YouTube: Chat’n’Craft with Lorraine Tierney