Welcome to the Technique Squad’s Blog Hop. This hop features the technique of Second Generation stamping- also known as “stamping off.” Basically, you ink up your stamp and stamp more than once without reinking. You might stamp the first time on scrap paper if you don’t want the stamp with full strength ink or you might use both images on your card.
This is a great way to get more out of your ink as the second time (or third time) you stamp – WITHOUT re-inking – you get a very different color. It can also add shading and depth to your stamped images. Once you try this, it’s something you will use again and again!
I chose the Cottage Wreath set as I hadn’t used that in quite a while. To achieve a light, summery feel I went with light colors- Bubble Bath, Berry Burst, and Crumb Cake. This is a combination I really enjoy using. The patterned paper is from the Bright & Beautiful paper pack.
The wreath fits very well on the flap of a Book Fold card so that is what I created. I love the die cut bow that comes with the Country Wreath dies. Isn’t it adorable?
Instructions for the cottage wreath book fold card
- Cut your Thick Basic White card base 4 1/4″ x 11″ and score at 4″ and 5 1/2″. Burnish your folds.
- With your card base positioned so the fold is on your left, adhere the “binding” shut by adding glue to the space between the two score lines. (They will be on your left when you open the card to add glue.)
- Add a layer of Bubble Bath Card stock. To the left add a 1 1/4″ x 4″ piece and to the right add a 3 3/4″ x 4″ piece.
- Next, layer your patterned paper cut 1 1/8″ x 3 7/8″ and 3 5/8″ x 3 7/8″ to the top of the Bubble Bath card stock.
- Cut Basic White card stock 7/8″ x 3 5/8″ and 3 3/8″ x 3 5/8″. Do your stamping before adhering to the card.
- On the small strip, use 2nd generation (stamp off) Crumb Cake ink to stamp two leaves. Stamp two sets of berries in Bubble Bath ink.
- On the larger piece of Basic White stamp the leaves of the wreath in Bubble Bath ink. Then add the “woody” wreath in 2nd generation Crumb Cake ink.
- Stamp several bunches of berries in 2nd generation Berry Burst ink.
- Use Bubble Bath ink to stamp “grateful” in the center of the wreath.
- Stamp “some people just make life better” in the inside of the card with Bubble Bath ink.
- Die cut a bow from a scrap of Berry Burst card stock and adhere to the lower right portion of the wreath.
- Add three pink dots from the Tinsel Gems 3 pack.
Want to see all the products used to create this project? Scroll to the bottom. Click on any thumbnail at the end of this post for more information or to purchase.
Join me and the Creativity Abounds team for our ON LINE Fresh as a Daisy Stamp Camp. Purchase the Fresh As a Daisy Suite Collection (item # 161301 for $73.50) as shown on p. 110 of the 2023-2024 Annual catalog as well as the In Color Jute trim (item #161637 for $8.00) from me and you will automatically be registered for our Fresh as A Daisy Stamp Camp on July 7 & 8, 2023. THE STAMP CAMP IS FREE!
This event is held live in an exclusive FaceBook group and will be available to watch forever. Included in the stamp camp are 13 “make and take” card kits. You will get all supplies not included in the Fresh as a Daisy Suite collection (cut and prepped) along with video AND written instructions to make 13 projects. During the Stamp Camp we will present 13 additional projects “live” that you can make on your own at a later date.
The only cost for the Stamp Camp is purchase of the Fresh as a Daisy Suite Collection. Please use this link to purchase in order to ensure your registration. Just add the In Color Jute (#161637 to your order and you’ll be all set.)
Can I help you?
I would love to be your Stampin’ Up! demonstrator and help you on your creative journey. Shop with me here: shop ChatnCraft with Lorraine.
Want more tips, tricks and inspiration? Sign up for my weekly email here.
I’d love help you make beautiful cards and paper crafts at home. Sign up here if you need the latest catalog.
Anyone who shops with me receives a free tutorial bundle packed with project ideas and details. Here’s a sneak peek at the Tutorial Bundle that I am currently giving away.
Here is the card that I made and for which instructions will be included in the tutorial.
Please email me if you have any questions or I can assist you in any way.
ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Shop my online store: lorrainetierney.stampinup.net
Send me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow me on FaceBook: ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Join our FaceBook Group: ChatnCraft Creations
Read my blog: ChatnCraftwithLorraine.com
Follow me on Pinterest: ChatnCraftwithLorraine
Subscribe to my Channel on YouTube: Chat’n’Craft with Lorraine Tierney